Got a Banshee

Its modded a lot or it is to me atleast never messed with mods before. The timeing is advanced +4 I have no idea what that is or does. Bored .060 over I understand that. It has aftermarket carbs id have to look to see what kind. Its ported and has different jets I believe not sure what that does ether. Toomy t5s I understand exhaust. The all mighty boost bottle haha from what I gathered that things a bunch of bull. And I bought it with done kind of programmer that the guy said it has something to do with the spark.

Sounds like it came with just enough goodies that your dealership mechanics will be useless. (any of the ones I have dealt with anyway) They will want to replace parts will original Yamaha stuff. (Not good for your application) Parts prices and labor rates alone would make it better off for you to get it back, take the motor out and send it to a site sponsor here. They can look at your porting and tell you if it is set up for the kind of riding you will be doing, and recommend crank work (welding) or replacement. Guaranteed it would be a better deal for you for sure. My 2cents.

i can understand just wanting to ride the bike rather than having to learn to completely rebuild the thing after your first ride.

These guys say its easy and all the info on fixing your bike is on here...it is still a bit daunting if you havent swung spanners on this type of machine before.

If buying a second bike is an option or paying a shop to fix your bike..maybe pulling your motor out and sending it to a HQ SPONSOR is an ever better option, still expensive but it will be done right.

I`d get on the phone start talking to them about costs and turnaround times, even talk about getting it tuned before its sent back to you, so you dont blow it up first ride...just my 2c

I gave 3000 cash for it and the guy I bought it from delivered it from about 2 hours away. Im not sure if that was a good price? I will see if the dealership can tune it so its not running lean anymore. I want to make it to a HQ ride some time but i'm not sure how long it will be before I can.

I'm in southern Illinois, I called then today and talked to them they said they were going to do a leak down test and go through the bottom end as well. They sounded like they knew what they were talking about. but then I don't know shit.

How southern?

Google Illinois Powersports. Check the home page banshee videos. They have a dyno and can actually tune. (Unlike most dealerships)

You mentioned you have a timing plate set at +4 degrees as well as a new CDI ignition unit(what you referred to as a programmer) that alone will ruin motors. Either ditch the ignition or the timing plate. One or the other. It can make the motor detonate with way to much timing. It makes great holes in the pistons if that's what you're in to though. I bet your Yamaha dealer wouldn't ever tell you that.