Vitos superstock vs Wiseco

i have advanced my timming +4 and i have boyesen pro series reeds and pro circuit platinum, kn filter, boost bottle , i somewhat have a small port job done

Would i be better of raising my compression with a cool head ?

Whats your compression now? I would not go much over 140 psi with a stock crank, unless it's been trued and welded.

What octane fuels are available? That will determine how high you can go too.

Watch your intake boots around the boost bottle, they are know to cause cracking. Better yet,ditch it and replace with a cross tube or plug them off.

150 psi and +5 timing on mine. Been running it for years. Results may vary. 92 - 93 octane. If you can't get at least 92 octane you may not want to raise compression. You can mix with alcohol and make cheap octane though. I've never done it and don't know the ratio.

X2 on the pistons then. But if you're on a budget, I'd still consider shaving the stock head.

And your 98 octane is probably like our 93. I've seen the discussions on RON vs MON or whatever, but don't pay much attention. Someone else can clarify.

unless the porting was done by a pro, I really wouldn't trust it. my PO had an amatuer port the banshee, and the amatuer prertty much went crazy with a dremel. I had to clean up A LOT of mistakes. Do it right the first time, so you won't have to change parts out every time you ride. 

P.S. i run 102 race gas on 22cc domes and runs perfect. 

Edited by rg97

it was built proffesionally, but i dont know who it was. But i called jeff at fast and he said as long as it was running fine on 93 then no worries. But the plan is to talk to the local airport and see if i cant get some higher octane to mix in to be safe.

I was talking to banshee jump, not you. I can trust that your porting is good. :rotflmao:  :rotflmao:

There is no point in trying to make "more power" and limiting yourself to $200.  Either save your money, and do it right. or don't do it at all.

What your not accounting for.....is that you cant just "order" a set of pistons, and slap em in to your "fresh" top end (which you claim already has more than 20+ hours on it).

In order to keep your motor safe/together.....you have to have your cylinders bored to the size of the pistons.  That is why machine shops will measure your cylinders first, then order the pistons in.....THEN measure the pistons and THEN bore the cylinders to where they are needed to be to achieve the correct tolerances.

Just slapping in pistons to a motor not machined for them......gonna cost you more money.

• 3 weeks later...