vm34 Filter / Airbox Options

I have 34's on my banshee and need a filter setup now. Quickest option is Uni's or Cotton mesh style filters. Anyone have a few quick ideas that don't cost a whole lot? I need a little safer option. I still have the stock airbox.

The riding I do I need a little splash protection plus the rain. It has been raining like crazy so its always wet out right now.

My options do sound limited to an aftermarket airbox.

VM34 57mm O.D. Air inlet side

I am really hesitant but the Foam uni's with a little bend coming out of them would fit the best. I do a lot of gravel riding though and I don't think they will hold. Same deal with the k&n style filter as well.

no other reasonable options than an aftermarket box?

I didn't expect it to have anything inside of it but its hard to tell when all I get usually is generic photos, no one shows the inside either.

There has been some ugly foam filters in the past I have seen with chunks missing out of them, I can only imagine its from rocks and gravel. I estimate I would need to replace them in about a year. If there is another option I would like to figure out which would suit my riding better. Otherwise it turns into a expendable item with a shelf life and not a one-time purchase.

Maybe I should go with cotton mesh then.

I think my bike has an uni, but im unsure of specific brand. But it has a big hose clamp and a plastic frame that the foams holds to very well to. It is big and ugly but its inside the air box so i never see it. Works well on my 4 mil, however im running stock carbs. So i dont really know with the 34s. If its a stock size intake i would think it would work fine.

I didn't know a product like this existed

AIRBOX ADAPTORS FOR BIG CARBS
These allow the guys running 33-35mm bigger carbs to run with the stock Banshee airbox.

Found it just now over at FAST... I hadn't heard of them until I started looking through intake products.

Keeping the airbox will be good.

Get the adapters for the bigger carbs. Then get what is called a pro flow kit with a flange that goes in the air box and allows a big filter of your choosing either gauze or foam. I would also suggest removing the stock mounting tabs and making something custom so the box can go in and out with ease.

Exactly what I am now planning. 

Thats a great idea to mod the airbox, I was wondering about fitment with my carburetors since they seem like they are a little low, but move the box where I need it and it'll be good.

Probably run no cover as well. My jetting is super rich right now too (360 mains on stock pipes) so I haven't bothered to downjet yet because the airbox will change it

• 3 weeks later...