Who Makes The Lightest Swingarms/axles?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

chrmoly has a larger elastic region than the Ti however the ultimate yield stress of Ti is almost three times higher. So it isn't as flexible but you would have to apply about three times the load to destroy the Ti swingarm as opposed to the moly. The elastic flex that you will typically see in moly is on the or of 17% of its original length while the elastic flex that is associated with Ti is on the order of 7-8%.

Lefty, you can weigh it w/ you on the scale holding it, then weigh yourself w/o it. Then you'll know how much the swingarm weighs....No need of a lightweight scale.

After I read that I slapped myself on the head and said "why didnt i think of that" I feel like a tard now. Ok I weighed myself and I wegh 181.0 w/o the swingarm with the swingarm i weighed 190.0 i weighed myself again and it was still 181.0 weighed the swingarm and it was 191.0 tried it again and it was 190.0 I think this scale just sucks, I'm gonna go to the supermarket and use one of their scales for produce to see how much it weighs.

:lol::lol::lol: I think your scale is safe to say 9.5 lbs like you originally said. That only sounds about right. I have to change my swingarm bearings and will weigh that. Its a -2, but its just for comparison. I still have my stocker too...Thanks for the info Lefty.. :rolleyes:

I just weighed the titanium swing-arm at 8.5-9lbs with carrier and brake mount etc.

I don't have a stock swingarm here to weigh, but the stock bearing carrier alone is 7lbs. So the titanium swingarm +4 extended is 1.5 lbs heavier than the stock bearing carrier! :D

Who wants to weigh the stock swingarm? Anybody else can feel free to throw out the weight of their aftermarket swingarm or a-arms etc. It would be interesting to see the difference in weight between stock and all the aftermarket suspension parts.

I just weighed the titanium swing-arm at 8.5-9lbs with carrier and brake mount etc.

I don't have a stock swingarm here to weigh, but the stock bearing carrier alone is 7lbs.  So the titanium swingarm +4 extended is 1.5 lbs heavier than the stock bearing carrier!  :D

Who wants to weigh the stock swingarm?  Anybody else can feel free to throw out the weight of their aftermarket swingarm or a-arms etc.  It would be interesting to see the difference in weight between stock and all the aftermarket suspension parts.

The aluminum bearing carrier on my shee weighs 5lbs, so that'd make your swingarm weigh 4lbs!!!! w/ the brake mounts......either your scale is wrong, or titanium is light as hell and lefty really doesn't have a Ti swingarm that he paid for... :o:o:o I'll post the weight of my stocker tomorrow night...

I got one of those RAXPERFORMANCE +4 swingarms and it is bad ass.  Its a hell of a lot lighter than stock with the brearing carrires on them.  And even bad as F*&% with it being chromed

Theyre polished not chromed :unsure:

The aluminum bearing carrier on my shee weighs 5lbs, so that'd make your swingarm weigh 4lbs!!!! w/ the brake mounts......either your scale is wrong, or titanium is light as hell and lefty really doesn't have a Ti swingarm that he paid for...    I'll post the weight of my stocker tomorrow night...

Thats what I'm beginning to think! Did I get some sort of deffective swingarm? After all I did go and pick it up from Shanes house and he was one of the nicest guys I met. Plus I picked up another Ti swinger that he had over there and it felt the same. I'm really getting annoyed by this though and I am very tempted to walk into the super market and push some old lady aside to see how much this shit really weighs.

I got one of those RAXPERFORMANCE +4 swingarms and it is bad ass.  Its a hell of a lot lighter than stock with the brearing carrires on them.  And even bad as F*&% with it being chromed

Theyre polished not chromed :unsure:

Polished aluminum??? Is there anyone out there yet that'll make an aluminum swingarm and back it up warranty wise for mx use????

What are the properties of ti?? Will a magnet stick to it?? That would suck if you didn't have one, but at least you'll know....There must be a way to tell the difference between the two.

I don't know the properties of Ti. But I did try putting a magnet on it and it wouldnt stick to it, and it is alot lighter than my stock swingarm it even feels alot lighter than my axle. Banchetta you really got me scared now :lol: I dont know what I would do if I found out I was jipped.

Could it be polished aluminum??? Aluminum will fade if you don't keep it polished though, will Ti?? Didn't mean to get you worried, but if you want just pay my plane ticket so I can go Duning and I'll break some arms and legs for you.... :ph34r::unsure: