Best Trail pipe that will hold well to a port job......

PT mids. Nut up and spend the money

Azryl, thats some decent power but not what I would call a good curve for trail riding. 

Here is my stock cylinder curve with PT mids and port job from surfrjag. 

I like the curve but they just don't hold up top. I ride backroads on my way to my favorite riding place and these wouldn't do. 

I talked to both F.A.S.T. and HERR Jug Racing, both recommended a "MX Hardcore" style port to broaden and increase the power WITH the Pro Circuit pipes. They both said the PTR Mids are good but would fall off way too soon for top end  (as seen in the dyno chart). They both said I should be making 60-70hp ported with those pipes, +4 timing, and a cool head/domes for my elevation. I WANT TO STAY ON 91 Octane, reason is that is all that is the lowes grade premium readily available at the gas stations in my town (holiday) and our Citgo (92). Citgo is more than likely where I will go since they have no ethanol. 

Thanks, Brad. 

To give ya an idea where the where the power will come on and fall of with Pro Circuits heres my 4mil with +3 timing on pump gas. I have another pic where the hump at 8k rpm isn't as drastic but to lazy to look for it

Is your 4 mill ported? I like where those come on and how they build, they only seem to peak around 9k, but I can agree that the PTR Mids come on strong and stay there until 9k then drop like a rock. 

PT mids. Nut up and spend the money

Azryl, thats some decent power but not what I would call a good curve for trail riding. 

Here is my stock cylinder curve with PT mids and port job from surfrjag. 

Looking at it again your hp seems very low, I was told by every builder I talked to that if I was not seeing 58hp+ on ANY pipe with a port job something was wrong. 

So you are wanting a good trail bike with low end power and torque but you dont like that the PT mids start dropping at 8700? The Pro Circuit graph shows them dropping at 9200. 

IMO, 500 rpm on the very top doesnt matter shit on a trail bike when you are going to spend 90% of your time riding below that. 

I would have sacrificed WAY more than 500rpm on my trail bike to keep the smooth curve that I have now. I guess if you arent competing and just riding for fun then traction and smoothness isnt that big a deal.  

It is a big deal but so is an extra $400 on top of pro circuit pipes. A builder also (in my defense) knows MUCH more than I do. 

Also, I do not know if it makes a big deal, the PTR graph is corrected for SAE, the pro circuit graph has a CF of standard. 

And I bet none of the builders you talked to have ever ported a banshee motor for a national MX quad, have they?

Hell yeah, ANY builder can port a stock motor to make 60-70 hp, but the curve will always look like the one posted above mine. Show me a builder's stock cylinder, 70 hp curve that is as smooth as mine. 

That I do not know, BUT HERR knows his stuff from what I have read in more than 100 posts. 

Not doubting that those builders dont know their stuff, but I think my graph speaks for itself.

I ride trails and race MX seriously, thats why my graph looks like a 4 stroke made it. I can ride HARD for a long time without getting tired and the power comes on early and when it peaks it stays there. Its exactly what I need to ride all day long without getting tires and hook up right out of corners.

I'm just riding for fun. I run cst ambush tires at all the corners.

Like I said, if you arent serious and are just riding for fun, it doesnt really matter how smooth your power is.

Forget the PTRs. You're limited with those pipes.

Get the 916s IMO. I ran them on stock, woods port, and a GRR pro port. They worked amazing. From low-top they outshined most pipes outside of a full drag pipe up top. From my understandings the PCs are a good pipe too, the graphs show that also.

They do sound great.......and aee damn good performing

And I bet none of the builders you talked to have ever ported a banshee motor for a national MX quad, have they?

Fellas at Duncan still port motors for pint de vaux banshees, Moto, etc. They are a small name in the banshee world now but their success with them has been big.

Hell yeah, ANY builder can port a stock motor to make 60-70 hp, but the curve will always look like the one posted above mine. Show me a builder's stock cylinder, 70 hp curve that is as smooth as mine.

The fellas at Duncan Racing have had big success with banshees on a national level as well as international. Between TT, Moto X, Pont De Vaux, Pikes Peak, etc. they have definitely made their stamp and still have the same guys there doing the motors.

Is your 4 mill ported? I like where those come on and how they build, they only seem to peak around 9k, but I can agree that the PTR Mids come on strong and stay there until 9k then drop like a rock. 

My motor has a dune port stock cylinder that I had a builder do for my favorite style of riding here on the Oregon dunes being tree shots some of which are winding trails, sorry I didn't clarify.  I just wanted to show him the rpm ranges on the pipe. I have ridden it on some slower trails and it did fine but I agree with you DDQ the curve may not be ideal for everyones riding style but works perfect for what I do and is easy to ride all day long.  PT's are good pipes I have ridden a few bikes with them, I don't think you could go wrong with either if the bike is ported/built the way you intend to ride it.

Your not gonna find a "mid" pipe that goes much over 9k rpm. If you want more over rev you can get CPI's but your power is gonna come on later, guess it depends what your idea of trails are in your area.

My motor has a dune port stock cylinder that I had a builder do for my favorite style of riding here on the Oregon dunes being tree shots some of which are winding trails, sorry I didn't clarify. I just wanted to show him the rpm ranges on the pipe. I have ridden it on some slower trails and it did fine but I agree with you DDQ the curve may not be ideal for everyones riding style but works perfect for what I do and is easy to ride all day long. PT's are good pipes I have ridden a few bikes with them, I don't think you could go wrong with either if the bike is ported/built the way you intend to ride it.

Your not gonna find a "mid" pipe that goes much over 9k rpm. If you want more over rev you can get CPI's but your power is gonna come on later, guess it depends what your idea of trails are in your area.

When do the cpi pipew come on?