A Few Race Cars We Have Driven

SlowerThanYou

Here's our family owned/built workhorse race car. The thing doesn't look like much, but it has served my family well. My wife raced it for a few years. My son got his start at 16 with it. It's really part of the family. 

It has won our family championships &  a good amount of money.

Picture403.jpg

100_0145.jpg

Running the Bonneville Salt Flats was always a child hood dream. I got a great opportunity to experience this with my best friend & his uncle. I ran from 1990-1996, we are trying to get a new ready for the salt again.

Not a big fan of orange, but my buddy likes it. Left to right: Speedo/our sponsor, Mike/my best friend and of me. 

100_0300.jpg

Here's the car before we repainted it. I actually likes this the best.

100_0299.jpg

This was one of the best cars I've ever driven & I hate Fords. This picture was taken in Phoenix, AZ. It was a two day race paying $1000 to win both days. I was fortunate enough to win both days. Two weeks later I won my 1st NHRA Wally with it. I could hardly do anything wrong with that car. First 6 races out with it, we won 5 of them & 1 race we had to settle for 2nd. LOL!

The owner is wanting me to race this car again.

100_0780_zpsaab4242e.jpg

hell yeh ! nice one STY !!!.

salt flats would be a great time !, we got some flats here id like to try, we got some customers that run em in their e-types.

what ya running in them rig's ? motor wise ?

DDU, the red Camaro had a 385 small block Chevy. I did all the machine work, blueprinting/assembly & the cylinder head porting.

My wife had the fastest time with that motor 10.40 @ 127mph.

The current motor is a mild 434 small block Chevy. It Dyno'd at 629 hp & 590 something ft. lbs. of torque.

The salt flat car motor is 259 cubic inch V8 Chevy. Lets see if I can remember the specs, LOL! It's a 350 Chevy Block, with a de-stroked 302 Chevy with 6 1/4" (very long) custom rods. We ran it in the Stock Production Fuel Class with a motor limit of 260 cubic inches. The motor is mechanical injection on Methanol with Nitrous injection using race fuel. We can run any fuel in that class including Nitromethane.

The truck had a all aluminum 632" that dyno'd at 1300 hp naturally aspirated. The best 60' was a 1.07, it was enough to screw your eyeballs to the back of your head.

The 86 olds Super Stocker is only 327" with stock heads & a quadra jet carb. It's not very fast at low 11s, but it puts on a hell of a show on the starting line. The wheel stands are simply amazing.

OOPS, I forgot the mustang! When I drove it, it had a 406" stroked 351 motor in it. I ran the best of 10.13 @ 130+mph with it. In the 2 years I raced it, I won around $14,000. Great car for a Ford.