bbdr dirt drags

srp

a 15y/o kid just died at this dump of a track, got hung up in the tires they use for gaurd rails and was launched into telephone pole.

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/local/neighborhoods-east/15-year-old-driver-dies-in-a-bedford-racetrack-crash-688284/

. It's hard for me to even post about what happen, but have you ever been to this track? I highly doubt it, the track is a very well run track. Theres always an ambulance on site and people care about one another at the track. Every time someone goes down there's a pile of people that run to the downed rider. How can you call it a dump track? It was a freak accident. The track has been open for 28 years. How many tracks stay open that long?

very very sad. I have never been there but I have heard they have very strict rules. None of my bikes would pass tech there due to some of the rules. Chain guards, front brakes, heel guards etc.. I have heard a lot about this track but have no desire to run this length of track, its like 500-600 foot some thing like that. But I do not believe this is a fly by night "disk the field" kinda track. I know people who run nitro bikes up there and have never said anything bad about it.. I would agree sounds like a very sad freak accident. God bless the family and friends.. I could not imagine. 

Have you ever seen what the majority of drag racers wear for safety gear?

It's called a helmet.

i realize that, but green thinks more safety needs to be added to tracks...  but what can possibly make is more safer and still be the same sport, besides safety gear ..

i realize that, but green thinks more safety needs to be added to tracks...  but what can possibly make is more safer and still be the same sport, besides safety gear ..

Take a look at ANY other type of dirt bike or ATV racing.. Many are AMA sanctioned.

Helmets.

Riding boots.

Chest protector.

Gloves.

Goggles.

Neck braces.

I'm not saying the kid would have survived with all that, but if I had to put money on it I'd bet that he was wearing a helmet, tennis shoes, jeans and a t-shirt.

This is the EXACT reason ATV drag racing never hit the big time like some of the other types of racing. No big organization is going to back a race series that allows the minimal gear like ATV drag racing does.