My repaint frame, new plastics, restore pics. not 56k friendly

NitroViper

Well after riding one day My friends quad put a whole in my front fender, they were faded and all clouded and was never happy with them anyways so I decided to buy all new fenders. I figured since Im getting new fenders why put them on a dirty bike. Sooo... here is pics of before and after. Its not done yet but I got the frame painted today.

Ill post more pics as it goes back together.

Before

163651_zpse2a595bc.jpg

164354_zps8f708772.jpg

143215_zps2f1650c1.jpg

143224_zpsb6aa5b46.jpg

170139_zps2cb8a605.jpg

185227_zpsd77e86f7.jpg

STRIPPING THE PAINT

153333_zps22a7e3cd.jpg

PRIMER DRYING

155202_zps25ddb023.jpg

PAINT DRYING

162407_zps2d6032fa.jpg

162456_zps502c49cb.jpg

Rustoleum Cobalt Blue Metallic over Rust inhibitor primer.

Ive always had good luck with Rustoleum on frames, never have a chipping or peeling problem on anything I ever done. The good thing is it's always easy to touch up because you have some at the store lol.

Powder coating was out of my budget right now. But I really do like the fact I can go to just about any store and pick up a can for touch up's. You cant do that with powder coating. :)

I also second the powdercoat thing.  But it does look good for now.  I dont think it will last long.  rattle can paint isnt very tough. Great color though, looks just like my frame, although mine is PC. 

Rustoleum Cobalt Blue Metallic over Rust inhibitor primer.

Ive always had good luck with Rustoleum on frames, never have a chipping or peeling problem on anything I ever done. The good thing is it's always easy to touch up because you have some at the store lol.

Powder coating was out of my budget right now. But I really do like the fact I can go to just about any store and pick up a can for touch up's. You cant do that with powder coating. :)

yeah that's def a huge plus, but I use nail paint if I become self conscious about it. But it's a nice color, all things aside it looks good.

You realize frame's come from factory's painted and not powder coated? Until recently most all frames from the factories are paint, some still are. Spray paint may not be as durable as car paint but it is close. It's not as crappy as the spray paint from 5-10 years ago. Get some nice clear from a local auto paint dealer and it's very durable. They have wheel clear coat at the parts store that is as hard and chemical resistant as powder coating. It's all about the prep time you put in.

I have done many frames with spray paint and have great results for year's. Preparation is the key to all paint jobs. I don't ride thru brush 24-7 so it'll hope up just fine :)

Im not here to argue about powder coating vs spray paint. Just was bored and posted my project.

looks good. I too like to paint my frames that way you can do touch up or ad things or cut them off and not have to redo the whole frame over again.  mine is 2 years on the paint and still looks great. powdercoat is over rated.

mine is 2 years on the paint and still looks great. powdercoat is over rated.

I agree on the powder coating being over rated. It has its purpose and is nice, but its not always the best choice.

Thanks for the comments guys, Ill make sure to post more as it gets closer to being done.