394 Stroker Top Speed Problems

rg97

. are you using performance enhancing or just leaded race fuel. You will be fine with 92 on a stock motor you aren't going to benefit with expensive gas unless its VP,trick, or others that are oxygenated and performance enhancing gas. If you have higher compression,advanced timing etc. You will need the higher octane to prevent detonation or "engine ping". A common sign would be your plugs backing out on their own

Its VP gas, called U2. its leaded and oxygenated. since i cant get a larger front sprocket with my case saver, i might drop 5 or so teeth in the back. i have an +4 degree key on my crank. how will pump gas run on 19cc domes? 20cc?

First, your bike has stock gearing so it won't go any faster then STOCK. It will get there quicker, but the MPH will be the same unless you are carrying a little bit more RPM.

Second, the T5's aren't for stock motors. They do a pretty decent job of complimenting fairly modded motors. They are probably plenty for your set up, unless you want an inframe drag pipe.

Third, fuel type is dictated by the motors needs. Putting race fuel in a motor that doesn't need it will hurt performance. You hear guys say they run it thinking it gives more performance but in reality a lot of guys running it aren't actually getting a full combustion. Race fuel is for motors with higher compression and additional timing. What kind of timing are you running and what is the compression ratio? This could also be part of the dead spot on top.

I get the feeling that when i get pump gas in it and rejet my performance wont change, and hey, if anything it may get better.

I was going to start a new thread to ask, but i might as well do it here. I have a set of 23" 4-snow's and a set of 21" haulers. What should I run on silver lake next summer? I'm leaning towards haulers, but the 4-snows (facing backwards) will give me a speed increase because they're taller. Ive seen people run both

Thats why I had said 23", cause they expand so much. Another question. How can you tell the difference between a trail, drag, dune, etc. Port? and how can you tell?

How would a 38-tooth rear with the stock 14t front run? right now it has a 41 rear (stock). would it be better with maybe a 37 or 39? I'm not going for all-out speed, but I would like to hit at least 80 with 22" tires