Cool head vs stock crank

Want to up my head to run 150 psi with 20cc domes with a new head.

Read I should weld and true the crank.

If I want to upgrade my crank to, lets say 4mm in the future, is this cool head going to ruin my motor @ 150psi before I upgrade in the winter?

• 2 weeks later...

I got 20.00 on the cool head. Honestly it takes 30 minutes to pull the motor. Another 30 to disassemble it (maybe longer if you don't have thumbs). Take the crank and have it welded. Your out a few hours of time and I think that's worth the cost of repairs if you separate it under a load.

Want to up my head to run 150 psi with 20cc domes with a new head.

Read I should weld and true the crank.

If I want to upgrade my crank to, lets say 4mm in the future, is this cool head going to ruin my motor @ 150psi before I upgrade in the winter?

I've ran the crap out of my stocker at 150 psi.

Been running mine at 160 ish psi with no welded crank and a port job for about 3 yrs now with no issues but i would weld it for sure if i ever took it back a part. Trust me you would hate for that crank to come back and bite you in the ass later on. I hate pro design cool heads. Go with a one piece design with less orings like the vito's