slingshot lockup

Joejr915

On a 611 DM just run all of them. On my cub I pull one out every other slot but on any bigger motor I would just run em all. The way it is designed it wont hold ya back any to run all of them. I really like that lockup.

Do the balls in the long slots move outward later or it takes longer for them to get to the outside to lockup?

Exactly.

The Driveline/Vito's slingshots come with directions that can give you a pretty good baseline right out of the box for basic motor combos. For instance they reccomend 2 balls in all the short slots for 4mm dune/drag bikes. For any thing bigger they say to add weight to the long slots. But with a little creativity you can really dial it in for your particular combo. My only beef with the sling shot is that I am starting to fiddle with it my clutch for track size and how tight the turns are now, and NOBODY makes a cover for them. I am looking high and low for a used Twister, Duncan, Mattoon stock modded cover if any one has one.

Also should be noted: there are a bunch of guys buying the FAST clutch and pairing it with a lock up. That is a bit to much spring pressure for any lock up and you should consider asking Jeff for maybe 6 stockers instead. Maybe even 3 stockers and 3 HD springs. My current set up is the Barnett kit with 3 stock style and 3 HD. They are also different lengths. It should also be mentioned this is a 80 horse bike that signs off at about 9,000

Interesting Trickedcarbine...

The only slingshot I used was one of the originals from Kevin Gigot...

It did not have the longer grooves, just a lot of short ones.

Clearance was the biggest thing you had to check for.

I can tell you in my old 10 mil cub one bearing per groove made it slip horrible.

Call it HP, call it rider bike weight, call it track surface...

I tried 1 ball every other, no difference in 60ft or ETs for my old bike.

The only issue I ever had with mine was clearance, first thing out of Kevin's mouth was do you run an extra steel in your clutch stack...he nailed it.

Took that out and never had an issue again.

I gotta think about if I want to run this style or DD style on my next motor.

Very interesting...

IMO, nothing against the maker's of these style lock-ups. They take a lot more work/effort/money to tune & still don't match the capabilities of a standard Lock-up.

You have much more ability & it's easier to tune a standard lock-up. Plus, you can play with the clutch pack to tune other things.

IMO, nothing against the maker's of these style lock-ups. They take a lot more work/effort/money to tune & still don't match the capabilities of a standard Lock-up.

You have much more ability & it's easier to tune a standard lock-up. Plus, you can play with the clutch pack to tune other things.

Agreed. But they do have their place for guys that don't need to make several changes every race day.