Banshee power band issues! HELP

Mxz800rs

Hey guys new to the site, had banshees for years now ran into a problem I can't diagnose and need some help!

Here's some info on my bike:

2003 shee

Tors delete kit

Did just a fresh top end complete (stock bore namura pistons)

Compression 110psi both

PC pipes

Toomey silencers

Stock air box K n N filter NO lid

Stock carbs

Boost bottle

290mains

27.5 pilots I believe

Bike ran great all last year until the tors unit acted up and wouldn't let me idle. So I got the delete kit install it and then wouldn't hit power band and just sputters and bogs everywhere. The banshee smokes alot more than normal at idle. She idles great and sounds good low end no bog but wot rev out. So then I compression tested it and got 110psi so I decided to rebuild the top end with new pistons ring gaskets etc. After the rebuild... Same exact thing won't rev out at all. Tried couple different jets but nothing changes really. If I ride it for a little she gets real hot the powerband starts working from 3rd gear on but feels like the gears are Sooo short for some reason??? Please any other ideas? Like I said I tried leaning out with jets and air fuel and doesn't change much???

Also recently she i start it up cold she will rev high for a couple mins and then idle good...???

Thanks guys

Choke tube back in between the carbs? Slides in the right carb and the right way around? Broken reeds? Good spark? What all have you checked?

Ive have tried alot so far but, yes the tube is in place, new boyseen power reeds (no difference in the way its acting when i recently installed), carbs are good and clean, as far as the slides being right im pretty sure they are in the right sides, what would happen if they werent? and i dont think they can go in the carb two way because of the pins but im sure they are right for sure.Spark is good starts up no problem and has lots of compression, although this problem was here and then i rebuilt the topend and that didnt seem to make a difference (compression was 110psi both before the rebuild and 110psi both after the rebuild ????). its definitley not a parking brake issue because its been deleted for a while and i even tested it by reattaching the wires.

could this really be a jetting issue??? my concern is it not reving an hitting powerband in neutral as any other banshee or all dirt bikes do (ANYMORE as in it did last summer) when i try to rev it sounds and looks like its choked out from being so rich and pooring smoke out the exhaust (especially when i rev it and let off, it smokes thick smoke after i let off and whinding down), so it wont allow the bike to rev out or hit powerband and get that high pitched scream she used to! When i try and drive it on the road first, second and most of third will bog out until she clears out a bit from the oil or gets really hot will she then start hitting power band but reving out very early... and once shes that hot theres very little smoke coming from the silencers, neutral will still bogs and when im down low in first or second sometimes but other wise she feels almost normal but not high reving like she used to be...  

let me know what you think need some fresh ideas. been battling this for a while now...

• Like 1

The slides can most defiantly be put in backwards if they are mixed up from side to side. The bottom radius of the slide has to be toward the bell of the carb.(airbox side) if the slides are in backwards it will run like a piece of shit until the higher rpms. Just pull one slide out. If the radius is not toward the bell, Swap the slides around and problem solved

When its idling and you try to rev it, does it rev or just sound like its bogging? If so check that the rear brake is not stuck on (next to the chain) after release it. A mate of mine had the same issue. He would release the rear brake but it wouldt rev after a few hours of head scratching we figured out that it was stuck on.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a similar problem. Took till 3 to clean out. I had a bad pulling problem in 6. I thought gearing so I went 13:42. I still have a bit of heavy smoke till it cleans out or gets really hot. I never thought of the slides being backwards till I pulled em out and bam ass backwards. Put them in correctly and did a plug chop and was way lean, as before it seemed way rich at low rpm but good at wot. I jumped my main to 310 and pilot at 27 needle in middle position and its just as good as when I got it (ive added parts and porting so I didn't know jus the slides backwards was holding me back because I gained power even tho I had put the carbs together wrong.) also added air box had to take snorkel off and add a new hole in the lid 3inch.