Alba racing ( my experience )

jscharphorn

Arms bolted up no problems, set the camber, caster and toe to my specs and rocked out!

Evols bolted up in minutes as well.

Second season on it all, jumping , playing around and giving the bike the weekly beat down mountain rides.

Well to top all of this off I also purchased a alba steering stabilizer for my banshee, I just went to install it and the dang thing is for a YFZ450

I do not know if they are the same or not until I call them but I do know the instructions are for the 450 and not the banshee so even if it was the same I do not have proper instructions to install it and I can not install it until I can call them tomorrow seeing it is the weekend.

I know the banshee and raptor 660 are the same stabilizer but I do not think the 450 is the same.

Some of you might think that with all these problems why am I still buying stuff from them, well all of this came to light after the majority was purchased, the stabilizer was the only thing that was purchased after  and only because they sold it to me for half price for the trouble, so I guess I got what I paid for, LOL

Sorry but the tie rods can not be switched around, they would not fit, seems the stock ball joints are a tad different size, they would not screw on but when I turned them around they went right on.

So when you installed the new tie rods, you left the ball joint parts bolted to the spindle and the steering stem? Then unthreaded the shaft? Then when you put the new shaft in the flat spot is on the inside?

So when you installed the new tie rods, you left the ball joint parts bolted to the spindle and the steering stem? Then unthreaded the shaft? Then when you put the new shaft in the flat spot is on the inside?

Yes that is correct, and to even assure you that the ball joints were not on backwards I had to replace one of the outside ball joints and I ordered a outside ball joint and it was the correct one

I installed the alba steering stabilizer and I would not recommend this product.

I had to modify it as well, the clamp that goes around the stabilizer and the hiem joint for the frame mount will flop around so after everything is mounted and tight the stabilizer will flop around and rattle.

I had to drill out 2 washers as shims so it would tighten up. you need to put one on each side of the hiem joint  to take up the slack it has.

I have a streamline that I purchased for my raptor 660 and do not have this problem and it was nice and tight

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...