CAN Someone Tell Me Who Does Good Trail Port

also....remember that there are other mods that are cheaper that should be done first to accommodate the port job.

such as things like pipes, air filters, reeds, timing mods, true and welding crank...

Then you have to remember that when you get the motor ported you are going to have to either go with a shaved head, or get an aftermarket style head with inter-changeable domes to increase your compression (as your compression will drop due to the port job)

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any of the site sponsors are going to treat you right and will give you good advice. There are some on here that are know for building pretty good running 350's and I think that is in my sig. Just sayin

Mitchdog,  I am reading through this and it seems it is getting a little lost. There are some questions that would be helpful for you to answer. When you say trail riding what are you refering to? tight & Technical or wide open? Also what if anything is already done to the bike? You mentioned already ported cylinders are they ported for stock stroke or a 4mil? The 4mil crankshaft have you bought this already and are leaning towards a 4mil? This will be helpful in trying to get you closer to the build you are going to want. Let us know a little more detail and we can help you out. Also if you have questions or are unclear on something don't hesitate just asK.

I'm getting a 4mm long rod I thought u have to port your bike

You do unless you have a spacer plate i believe. I had my jugs ported for my 4mil long rod crank and also custom cut noss domes. That's as specific i can get since it's been about 3-4 years since i built it.