Not liking these Lectrons right now!

I love my Lectrons for tuning (never have to mess with them really), but hate them when purging.  I can never get the bike to purge good I feel like.  Seems like it just starts bogging really bad (I know it's supposed to some) and then I can't get it enough throttle to stay running.  I see other people purging by driving their bike around...no way in hell I'd ever be able to do that.

Like Cam said, your cable is probably to short. He actually helped me a couple years ago use a tubing cutter to cut 1/4" or so off the steel elbow that makes the turn for the cable to go into the carb top. My lectron cable broke and I had to buy a normal cable at the dune shop and make it work. I have had a hard time getting my black pump and 3.3 seats to not overflow but once they are right they work perfect.   Okbeast yours is that way because you have your needles set pretty rich probably.  

Okbeast yours is that way because you have your needles set pretty rich probably.  

Maybe so, I set them to 48.5mm this last trip and the bike ran great.  I've tried purging with PJs open, all the way closed, no dice.  This last time with the PJs closed it started spitting fuel out the overflows like crazy.

Fellas, yall don't know how much I appreciate your comments and help. Kevin got me going on the needle and seat, She takes throttle now and seem to want to run good but after reading all this I I'm going to order another cable, it is too short. Just need to find a good price on the cable and possibly billet throttle. ANY LONG TERM LOANERS AVAILABLE HAHA. Pm me if yall have a good used one possibly. Scraping the bottom of the barrel on the last of my build, especially since our twins will be here in two weeks. Thanks a million again guys.

maybe some jja adjuster screws might help

Well, good ole quadpro may have came though once again on parts. I'll keep that in mind also, thanks

Maybe so, I set them to 48.5mm this last trip and the bike ran great.  I've tried purging with PJs open, all the way closed, no dice.  This last time with the PJs closed it started spitting fuel out the overflows like crazy.

Contact lectron, they have viton tipped needle and seat sets.  

I just replaced my cable , springs & adjuster screws. Let me know if you still need help.

Troy

Thanks bro, will do.

are they viton tipped? I bought new ones from packard and couldn't get them to seal. They didn't have the viton tips.   Lectron told me the mikuni needle/seats dont like to seal and are easily over powered by the pump.   Figured I'd give lectrons set a whirl.  I'll find out next season if they work.

are they viton tipped? I bought new ones from packard and couldn't get them to seal. They didn't have the viton tips.   Lectron told me the mikuni needle/seats dont like to seal and are easily over powered by the pump.   Figured I'd give lectrons set a whirl.  I'll find out next season if they work.

Yes they have the viton tip, the ones I had were steel tip and were for a pump setup.

I will ad this. The rods that the floats slide up and down on can be bent slightly so the floats press on the farthest end of the arm which will put the most pressure on the needle into the seat. You have to be careful as not to break the rod of course and you dont want the arm bent into a curve shape where the slide will have a harder time sliding. . Its best to put a small deepwell socket on it and bent it close to where it goes into the carb body just enough so the floats nub presses on the end of the arm/fork that pushes on the float needle. They really can be a pain in the butt to get not to leak. Maybe the viton floats is the ticket. Those pumps move a lot of fuel.