Not liking these Lectrons right now!

Ya think this is like an old school set up or something? Or a hack job? Evidently it'll work cause they were flow tested at Lectron, surely they would have mentioned it?

The power jets on my lectrons are set up the exact same way, looks like the same epoxy was also used inbetween them.

Thanks for the info yall, ill call Lectron and talk to Kevin since he's the one that set my carbs up. If no luck there, then ill call Dennis. ill report back with some info for future Lectron owners ha.

I really do think its the floats sticking tho!

Before you call dennis fix you slide issue. check that you have a 3.3 needle and seat. make sure your floats dont hang up on the billet bowls. might need to grind float arm down. also make sure the float level is good both carbs.and float pins are on the far end of the arm. That needle length of 48.5 is a real good start point. Good luck

Same thing Kevin told me, the 3.5 seat are for low volume pump and 3.3 for high volume. Not sure why I missed this bit of info at the beginning of your reply lol. Guess I was a bit flustered at the time. Thanks m for your help and all others who helped or not haha.

Kevin offered to swap out my seats bit I just bought them incase I need the others in the future so he sold to me at cost. Thanks again fellas.

Which fuel pump are you using? 

Volume and pressure are two different things. 

Volume is how much it can flow, pressure is how hard it pushes the fuel into the bowl.

Either vacuum style pump I've used (black 5 sided 65L per hour pump or a round, 35L pump) was the same pressure.

You can Carefully...note, carefully, bend the pins just a hair outwards.  You can sand just a bit off the float are tang as well.

Gotta be honest, you're better off going right to Packard.

Which fuel pump are you using?

Volume and pressure are two different things.

Volume is how much it can flow, pressure is how hard it pushes the fuel into the bowl.

Either vacuum style pump I've used (black 5 sided 65L per hour pump or a round, 35L pump) was the same pressure.

You can Carefully...note, carefully, bend the pins just a hair outwards. You can sand just a bit off the float are tang as well.

Gotta be honest, you're better off going right to Packard.

I have both but currently using the black octagon, 65l, that's why I kept my 3.5 seats for just in case I or someone else may need it. I didn't want to re-mount the other pump and drill extra holes in my brkt anyway.

You are on the right track. I wouldnt be afraid to clearance those floats a bit even with the 3.3 in them. They will be doing a lot of bouncing and moving when on the bike. I think its just cheap piece of mind knowing that gremlin is not going to show up.

You are on the right track. I wouldnt be afraid to clearance those floats a bit even with the 3.3 in them. They will be doing a lot of bouncing and moving when on the bike. I think its just cheap piece of mind knowing that gremlin is not going to show up.

I sure will, thanks man.

ok.  the dual pj setup is what LECTRON uses on their alky carb's  they work ok BUT  the screw needle WILL FALL OUT!!!!!!!     clippard style packard PJ's are better in my opinion.  they will not unscrew or fall out  BUT sometimes you need 2-3 pj's to correct overly lean runs at length. ( NOT another commonly blamed issue)   the dual pj style was orginally setup due to the lectrons needles at the time not being cut enough to flow enough at WFO runs.  packard came up with his PE-1 needles to fix this and run a lesser PJ.

most billet bowls DO NOT have an overflow tube and that is a BIG ass problem with billet bowls.  the non lever style floats ( like pictured) totally SUCK ass when using a billet bowl due to the clearance and sticking issues.  i use a lever'd float ( lectron sells them ) as well as install overflows into the billet bowls when i set the carbs up.   chariot has excellent billet bowl design including clearances and fitment issues that are addressed as well as a overflow tube.  BUT they dont make them anymore for the lectrons???????  come on man!!   i personally use a special float that i modify then install overflows and sometimes drains on the bowls to get them to work and be reliable.

and really  just like ANY carberator setup  if the slides dont SHUT  it wont idle down.   you must be able to completely shut the slides in any carberator setup then be able to adjust the idle adjust screw's on the sides of the carbs to set the idle.  dont use the cable to EVER set idle.  if it wont shut yoru cable is to short, your dual puller int he middle of the cable is to short ( limiting throw) or your cable is not adjusted correctley or the throttle is jammed up etc etc etc.    before you even start a bike  the cable should be able to be bottomed out completely, the slides should shut 100% and also OPEN 100%.  if you cannot get this to happen  dont even start the bike up.  figure out why and fix it.

seen these isuues all the time with new carb installs and its blamed on the carb or the person who set them up bla bla bla bla.  

larger carbs need billet throttles and much longer cables.  3omm is about max on a stock style cable.   terry cable has a bad ass braided cable with about 3-6 adjustments to get the cable length right.  get one.  use it. set up your shit right and have fun.. ..

I ran a terry cable style billet throttle and it opened 40s fine. Stock lectron bowls have no overflow tube(just sayin). Between the float clearancing and 3.3 needle and seat your overflow issue will be fixed. like cam and jmad said make sure your slides bottom out. as for the adjustable pj. Put some blue locktight on there to help them from backing out.

i install overflows.  they need it.  they need better floats,  locktight can help  but they can and will still fall out when you really dont want them to..   

the basic problem you are fighting is the fact that the slides are not shutting all they way. 

Good point Cam.

I missed the part on the throttle cable.

I had Packard send me a lectron cable to go wit my aftermarket Chariot Throttle.

Nice cable, rebuildable, and I know the slides will close and open all the way.

cajun,

I'm not speaking for Wheelman or his time.

However, my carbs and cable are at his house.

If the two of you work it out, you're welcome to borrow it to see if it fixes your problem before you drop the coin on one.

Again...borrow.  LOL.

Shipping, etc., is all on  your two to figure out.