Dynatec programmable CID box any good

Haniel1993

• 1 month later...

the dyna "stock" curve is still advanced by a few degree's, so when you go plying with ignition maps, you could be over advancing it. ive heard of  few people popping motors on the dyna cdi's as they can go out of "tune" or being faulty.. 

i used to run one, but it sits in its box now, and i just run the stock cdi.

if your stock cdi is fine, just run a adjustable timing plate. you wont use all the options on the dyna cdi anyway.

you have to buy the link kit as well with the dyna, so you can program it, if you choose to edit ignition maps.

I have a copy of the oem curve if you need it. Those boxes work, but they will go bad out of the blue. Also make sure you run resistor plugs. E.g. Br8es.

Dyna has worked great for us, but hate their customer service. Never had one go bad. We run non resister plugs & wires with ours. I'm sure we get away with it because the box is mounted in the back of the frame

I've had one go bad, after trouble shooting a top end miss forever put the stock cdi on and cleaned up. sent it back and they claimed it was ok but sent me a new one anyway. About a year later same thing happened, so put the stock cdi on and ran a timing plate.

Not only on banshe's but i've had several dynateks go back on raptors as well, and some last for almost 6 years now. If you don't have to run one i wouldn't. a timing plate will work just as well and be more reliable.

There is an advantage to being able to retard the timing further than a stock CDI, especially on big motors. That being said, I only have the dyna on a stocker only because the footage is welded on the stator side and I have to bend it to get the shifter and satire cover off. I just run the oem (not dyna stock) curve +5.

I've had 2 go bad. And 2 that have lasted for years. Good point about the mounting location. Mine was right above the engine.

Launch limiter, shift light, what else is there? Shift interruption I guess could be used if you have a 1-5m6 override.

You have it all figured out with the Dyna. I did not say or imply there was more secret stuff that could be done with the Dyna.

This is what I said. "I have to top you just for fun & we actually do it. We use some add-ons to go along with our dyna also."   I have posted what we use in other posts & explained some of the things that can be done.

Some things are better controlled with time rather than rpm. I guess that could be taken as a secret; maybe or maybe not. 

• 2 months later...

launch limiter??? i thought they didn't add that on the banshee dyna's?  well fuck, ive had my dyna fs for a while and thought the launch limiter and shift light were for quads like the yfz's or raptor's. 

The early style Banshee Dyna didn't have the launch limiter. I'm not sure, but the year was around 97 when it came with those 2 features.