Snakehunt

Crazykane

A bike that is a drag bike needs to be stiff in the rear. The front could be however you want it. A lot of the Banshee guys use R1 shocks now. Cheaper and stiff.

You will never see a single A arm bike taking bumps whoops or jumps. We build them for one reason.

You can achieve nearly the same effect as a Shaw in the rear with a properly set up rear shock. And then on the big end it will perform better.

I'm no stranger to making a bike hook and go as the hillclimbs require a good hard launch.

The problem with the second line is that in the dunes there are whoops and bumps. They can't be avoided, especially on a busy weekend.

Everyone will run what they know or want, I just hope people realize they don't have to get beat up all day to be one of the fastest.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm open to anything. If I could get away with a softer shock with a slower rebound I would use it.

Maybe I will like your set up at the HQ ride and go a different way.

lower PSI settings are softer and have slower rebound.  Problem is when you get to low on PSI the rebound is too slow and will pack. Also,  you'll get a lot of initial sag.  Sounds like you need some work done to yours.

How come more riders dont wear safety gear besides a helmet? You guys are doing 80+ mph an half the time drag guys are wearing shorts an tennis shoes.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

The better question is how do guys not wear helmets racing.  I'd say 50% out there don't...blows my mind.

I've crashed with a helmet on and didn't know where I was or what I was doing there. I wear a helmet when I purge mine out. Just ask radar lol

I wrecked with a helmet on and remember the back of my head hitting the ground.  It was in the sand so I'm sure that helped a bit.

I had a brand new helmet when I crashed mine and my head hit the sand about 5 times hard as hell , I was glad I had it on for sure. The chassis and shaws I have now and the way i have them setup now is like a cadillac on the whoops. There is no reason shaws cant absorb bumps well enough for how we ride em. Hope to see you guys in sept and hope we have good weather and smooth sand for you guys.

Mine set up is fine. I'm not the one complaining. Any shock that is set up to absorb ruff terrain will be to soft for launch.

I have a +15 Swingarm how would you set up a shock to be stiff enough to launch but soft enough to ramp whoops?

I'm not saying you're complaining. I am saying that a shock can be set up to do the same thing.

We're not talking about ramping anything. We're talking about soaking up the rough shit.

I had a brand new helmet when I crashed mine and my head hit the sand about 5 times hard as hell , I was glad I had it on for sure. The chassis and shaws I have now and the way i have them setup now is like a cadillac on the whoops. There is no reason shaws cant absorb bumps well enough for how we ride em. Hope to see you guys in sept and hope we have good weather and smooth sand for you guys.

These pictures below tell a different story as far as this set up goes.. The chassis is bottomed out. Great way to break a foot or ankle..Or flip the bike over as Gary experienced last year.

And sorry, but not a chance your Shaws are going to handle whoops like my Fox shocks will. We can test it in September if you want.

Capture4_zpsa9b70089.jpg

Capture5_zps7d14283d.jpg