Leak down Testers

Poolman

Thanks to everyone for an overwhelming response who needs and wants one of my home made leak down testers. I wasn't selling them and I haven't been active on the forums for quite some time. I posted a problem with my Banshee yesterday and instead of getting an answer I got several "Do you still sell your leak down testers". So in response I made a promise that today (Sunday) I would try to get parts and make some. I spent all day today doing this and they are on eBay now. If you all want more I will get more stuff to make more Monday.  

A couple of things to remember!

Use a hand pump, not an air compressor. I take No responsibility in how you use this tool. If you put an air chuck on this valve backed with an air compressor you will blow your seals out of your engine. It does not take much air to get 6 psi inside a tight motor.

I will tell everyone right now, You can make these yourself so don't complain about my price.

Some people just don't understand others when they buy something they can make themselves. It is called convenience. For whatever reason they want to place an order and get the item a couple of day's later. I do this all the time. If I don't feel like doing something I pay to get it done.

I'm only shipping to the USA initially. I will change this when sales slow down. Shipping outside the USA is another ballgame. Customs forms out the you know what and shipping costs are intense. Example $45.00 shipping to Canada. I should know I shipped a bunch there.

Did I say, You can make these yourself.

The leak down testers are currently on eBay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/130871354889?item=130871354889&viewitem=&vxp=mtr#shId

Thanks to everyone for an overwhelming response who needs and wants one of my home made leak down testers. I wasn't selling them and I haven't been active on the forums for quite some time. I posted a problem with my Banshee yesterday and instead of getting an answer I got several "Do you still sell your leak down testers". So in response I made a promise that today (Sunday) I would try to get parts and make some. I spent all day today doing this and they are on eBay now. If you all want more I will get more stuff to make more Monday.  

A couple of things to remember!

Use a hand pump, not an air compressor. I take No responsibility in how you use this tool. If you put an air chuck on this valve backed with an air compressor you will blow your seals out of your engine. It does not take much air to get 6 psi inside a tight motor.

I will tell everyone right now, You can make these yourself so don't complain about my price.

Some people just don't understand others when they buy something they can make themselves. It is called convenience. For whatever reason they want to place an order and get the item a couple of day's later. I do this all the time. If I don't feel like doing something I pay to get it done.

I'm only shipping to the USA initially. I will change this when sales slow down. Shipping outside the USA is another ballgame. Customs forms out the you know what and shipping costs are intense. Example $45.00 shipping to Canada. I should know I shipped a bunch there.

Did I say, You can make these yourself.

The leak down testers are currently on eBay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/130871354889?item=130871354889&viewitem=&vxp=mtr#shId

I lowered my price $15.00

• 9 months later...

I can vouch for Sprinklermans kit, works very well and he's a great guy to deal with.

thanks man.

Heres the gauge i use. You'll note that it has real fine graduations for detecting small leaks.

just an FYI to any new guys doing a leakdown test... MOST "kits" do NOT include the pump. Also , DO NOT use an air compressor or similar device. I recommend a cheap bicycle hand pump.

6ad5ea57-8918-4654-b827-35e426e2406c_zps

thanks man.

Heres the gauge i use. You'll note that it has real fine graduations for detecting small leaks.

just an FYI to any new guys doing a leakdown test... MOST "kits" do NOT include the pump. Also , DO NOT use an air compressor or similar device. I recommend a cheap bicycle hand pump.

6ad5ea57-8918-4654-b827-35e426e2406c_zps

I'm building a new leak down tester. Sprinkler man can you tell me where you got that small graduation gage. The local places around here only have Gage's that read in increments of two