hey guys

did a plug chop today,  almost killed myself 20 mins before,  road was washed away, ridden this traill 100 times, if it wasnt for 2 dirtbikers waving me down I would have hit it 6 gear WOT

one guy had o lay his bike down cause he couldn't stop in time.  These guys def saved me some broken bones or worse.  Def a eye opener, not to ghost ride trails.

Im running:

280 mains

27.5 pilot

air screw 2 turns out

I already have a set off 30 and 32.5 pilot, prob gonna try the 30

for the main would I just need to purchase some 290-310 ?

Im running at sea level, fmf fatty gold series, chopped powercore silencers, +4 timing, vforce 4 reeds, K&N filter with power lid, 

weather is  8 celcius/47 farenheit 

appreciate the input guys

9776B1E9-DE52-4D80-BA70-1AB10B6B513B-280-000000CBED398B9D_zps4a0e0329.jpg

083D5EDB-9E4C-4A92-A8AB-371F86C49E59-280-000000CBE8F7D93E_zps7cff1c94.jpg

E01DE59D-FC6C-4275-A9E8-B7D4EC06FFD9-280-000000CC30FDCC62_zpseb6ec9ac.jpg

Plug chops are retarded.<< true story. But your not retarded...because you didn't chop shit nucka.

i cant tell alot about it by the pics but looks like you have some color down in there may be the shadow looks like some color right around the electrode also like it either hadnt burnt all the idel time off the plug or something. but timing looks good looks like the ring is right around the bend of the strap but im not the best at reading plugs 

The second pic is more of a true representation of what they look like, ill cut the threds more in the morning, i thought it was supposed to be a nice tan brown. Well thats good anywaus thought my jetting was way off.

Gonna throw the 30 pilots in, seems like its struggling a bit down low.

to accurately read a plug chop you need to cut off the threaded section of the plug while leaving the white porcelain....the brown color that should be on the plug should be at the bottom of that porcelain and be approximately 2mm tall. 

There's a sticky on the site about how to do a plug chop....it includes photos......read it....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks lean to me. Better pic of porcelain like looking down on it from up top. Make sure the motor is at operating temp then put in new plug. Do wfo and shut it off. Pull plug and ride back on others or shut off wfo where ur stopping to work. It looks like that plug had a lil ride time before the chop. The plug should only be used for the wfo at operating temp, thats it. Also, u better get a lottery ticket and a few beers for the dirtbikers.

Hey thanks guys

I was riding for about 30 mins before i did the chop. I stopped put new ones in went wfo and pulled my tethered kill switch. My hacksaw was dull as fuck, so it was a pain to cut these threads. I also may have let off the gas a tiny bit, ran out of room.

I ordered some 290 and 300. This time im only gonna warm it up first and re do it.

I think it should be prettu close at a 290. It runs awesome, and just a tad lean.