Rev limited....left side goes out....HELP....please!

Hi all, I have a 99 shee that is pretty much brand new in every aspect. Was riding the hills one day several months ago and it died, dead...nada. Took it to a local shop that was recommended by my roommate . Guy said stator, replaced it with a Ricks....started up idled beautifully. It runs, but is very limited on revs, makes it to about mid range then stops increasing in revs and sounds like the left cylinder goes out. If you have your hand at the exit of the left silencer no more air gets pushed out when it reaches its new unwanted rev limit. He said CDI box....I said go ahead......same damn problem.....I said ignition coil, he said not even remotely likely that one side goes out and the other works, I said why not, he explained, I said if the lead is bad the lead is bad. I'm gonna stop by again in the morning and see if I switch sides on the plug caps if the problem moves sides as well. If it does, new Ignition Coil right? If the problem doesn't move dead cylinder on a brand new motor? I sure as shit hope not cuz my builder is in Vegas and that would be a major pain the ass since I m in rapid city now. Any coherent thoughts would be greatly appreciated. I have video of it on my phone and will try to upload it if at all possible that way you fine folks could have a better idea of what I'm talkin about. Thank you in advance, have a great day.

Bob

go buy an OEM stator and DO NOT COUNT ON SHIT AFTERMARKET STATORS! All sorts of fucked up electrical problems can be had by shitty quality stators.  Find a buddy with another banshee or ask the guy to pull a stator from another bike and try it on yours.  Bet it clears up....

So the consensus is that it's definitely not the ignition coil or CDI, and has to be a bad new stator? Could it be anything else besides the stator that is doing this? Thank you guys so much for the help!

I wish I had someone that could switch me out but I'm new to the area and don't know anyone with another banshee.

Thanks fellas....I'll report back.

Bob

P.S. should I have the guy go back to the original CDI box as well and get rid of the ricks one?