rebuild rear shock or buy new???

IF YOU HAVE THE MONEY FOR A NEW ONE GET IT, WHEN YOU SAY 230 IS THAT JUST A STOCK ONE OFF OF EBAY OR SOMETHING ???? IF IT IS THEN SEND YOUR BLOWN ONE OUT TO A SHOP THAT DEALS WITH REBUILDS AND JUST GO THAT ROUTE. LATER

I'd just get it rebuilt and set up for you as far as valving and spring rate go. Remeber, if you change the way the rear reacts you'll notice most of it in the front and vise versa.... except if you land hard on it.

You could get a new one, but you may be talking more than twice as much. What do you have for front shocks

It's your call, but I'd just get that one rebuilt. Heck, if you were happy with the way it was, you could buy a used one off ebay, get your seals fixed in yours or have yours over hauled for your weight. Those would all be cheaper than buying new. The stock shock is a quality shock and will work very well if set up for you !!!

I rode JKJK's shee and he has Ohlins rear shock on his. It was very impressive compared to my stock one on my shee. I didn't know he had a different rear shock until I rode it. Even on flat ground, it was noticeable like the front shocks.. When I got off his shee, I had to see what kind of shock was under it, and there stood the Ohlins........They are like $750, but if you have it, buy it....

Then why does it ride so different???? Even my friend had a transplant done to his by Elka and didn't feel much different than my stocker....I know everyone sais the stocker is an ohlins, but is that really true???

i had no complaints with the stock rear shock until i bolted on the after market ohlin,holy shit what a difference.the stock one witch worked fine,was'nt even compairable,huge difference+it lowered the quad 2in.i have no idea how old it is or what it was set up for,but it works great for me.i got it used,traded my stock shock +some labor,what a deal!about the rebuild i just had it done on another quad,+would highley recomend it.i had christian paul m.s.do it. about 300 beans custom taylored for your ridding style.dual rate elka 0 preload ssd.

if anything it would be a kayaba shock.....i parted with my Ohlins for the Elka SSD's,i think the stocker is passable cause the body has compression and rebound adjustments that can be revalved, but a weak spring and the stock rezzie is a bit small, not to good for the track you can just feel it fade, and you cant get a decent ride height out of it, it will also bottom easy, but resprung isnt bad and done up right is not to bad for open riding.......but thats just my opnion