How much to build a banshee/yfz hybrid

• 3 weeks later...

Dude..... People are just busting your balls. Relax...... And, BUY ANOTHER BANSHEE OR GTFO! Haha

lol yeah wosssaaa...... But what's yeah I'm trying to find a nice banshee but im so into shee/yfz hybrid I was thinking maybe I can build one really how much is it to just put a banshee motor in a yfz frame ready to go for trail riding????, it's been hard to find a clean shee for a reasonable price....

When my conversion is complete all said and done ill be way over 10k

Buy the sounds of it, your getting in over your head

Either find a banhsee setup nice with motor/suspension work or find a nicely built 450

JMO

Joe

I'm also tipping 7k and you kinda remind me of a troll. If I where you I'd get a banshee with 18.5 inch elkas shocks upfront and call it good.

• 1 month later...

I think your better off going with suspension mods on a Banshee. I have an 04 with Timmy Boy +2+1 arms and Works triples with remotes up front. For the rear I went with a +2 swingarm, 2+2 axle and had Works do their "heart transplant" on my stock rear shock. My Banshee rides like a dream now. My friends YFZ has Elkas front and rear and it rides good but not as good as my Banshee.

I did a conversion back in the day. I have a 1987 Warrior that I grafted a 2002 Warrior front frame piece on and tucked a 2003 TRX440 motor in it. This was back before 450s were born. In fact the year I built the bike was the same year the YFZ was announced so that was 2004? I built the bike for my wife since she loved here Warrior but wanted power like a Z400. I don't remember how much the build cost me but it was cheaper than buying a new quad but I had a fabricator friend only charge me $500 for the frame mods which included a custom oil tank. I also had a painter friend airbrush the frame and a lot of the smaller parts for just cost of paint. Now that I really think about it I also got the 440 motor for a song from another friend.

Conversions are fun but you definatly need to do your research. Don't rush it and you almost have to say "damn the expense". Good luck.