Banshee kickback-broke clutch cover

AustinONeal

You need to send it to the scrap yard. It is time for a new clutch cover dude not worth fixing that thing.

what they are saying is that its not worth it to "fix" it.  You can find a different cover in the FS section or through a site sponsor.  Its not really work taking the chance to try and fix it...just to have it not seal up and ruin another trip.  In order to fix that they would have to ley the bead all the way to the machined surface and then mill it back to flat.......that's IF it didn't warp the mating surface for the case. 

its way quicker to just get a new one.  And on that note.......is this on a drag bike or a big motor running serious compression?  My question is why would it kick back 3 times in a row......

you either have something odd going on with your motor....or your kicking too high of compression.......or maybe not kicking through completely???

Ya I was not kicking it violently enough it's a 10mm kt cub w but loads of compression and timing. I just ordered a direct drive beefed up one. But I got 4 Banshee motors. Got a little ss cub that has a stock cover and since the ring was wasn't damaged I thought maybe fix it and throw it on that bike. U can see everything but the adapter ring and cover that holds the lexan is ok the cover is just trashed. I wasn't sure maybe Millennium or stellar could fit it?

That's odd for a 10 Mil Cub to kick back like that. Was the fuel on? I had mine break some teeth on the idler gear when it kicked back pretty good, but the fuel was off. Make sure the gear on the basket is ok. I've had them break the cover and basket gear at the same time (on bigger motors.)

• 3 weeks later...