My yfz conversion

This build will be by far the best YFZ conversion I've seen to date simply because of the time taken to do it right. Garrett knows his shit and probably had a lot of good ideas for this build.

Fuck you dick!  Took me almost a year to get this fuckin thing done lol

yfcub.jpg

^^^^ lol.  Aint not angle iron welded in this bitch.  Hes just salty cuz he knows Im gonna spank his ass at LS on my little cub bahahahaha

Anyone can avoid the pipe issue and throw out-frames on it. Your bike is a coal climber. It should have in-frames.

This guy is building it RIGHT and cutting the shit out to make room for in-frames.

I have to make it this year for sure. ive got my shit lined out now and time to roll son. full on !!

Yea, don't miss out on me making Dicklez look silly on his YFZ contraption.

You have to cut almost the same amount out to run oof or inframe.  And to honest, Im doing an inframe  frame right now.  I will have pics shortly.  Half assing is not the reason why i didnt want to run inframe.  But I wanted to run oofs to be different.  Just like me.  Plus the shearer oof runs better then the inframe.

• 3 weeks later...

That radiator in the pics is a Torch works for a drag bike just put it in there to see how it fit. 

My radiator for the build showed up Friday...............  About all I can say is I hope it will hold water.    They had good service, fast build time and got all the mounting tabs in the right places. But when I looked at the welds I was disappointed to say the least. I have no idea how someone that welds up aluminum radiators for a living could make a weld look so shitty.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Welding rads is very difficult,the aluminum is very dirty and pulls through with the tig .dont knock it till you try it they look fine

I dissagree. I get that the welds shouldn't leak and that technically they are "fine", however they are extremely amateur. I am capable of minor tig welding but there are some things I won't do because it looks like that. So instead I realize that if it needs to be done professionally I need to pay. And when I pay for professional work, it better look professional. Like a craftsman was taking pride in what they were doing. Not like I was in my garage on my free time all boozed up slapping a quick radiator together. Iknow that thin gauge work is tough, but that grime can be controlled by running gas through the hollow structure you are welding. That is how the best tig work is done on any boxed or tubing style part. If it was cheap, ok.... But if I paid good money and that was the package I got....... Somebody is about to get the get fucked phone call.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...