Best engine mod for the money?

Ok, getting a big tax refund back and planning beefing up my 03 Banshee.  Its completely stock except for the FMF fatty's.  I was wondering what are the best mods (save porting/boring because im doing that).  I was either gonna go with a new head or vforce reeds.  Which one would be better for the dollar.  And if it happens to be a aftermarket head, which one and what domes should I run?  I really dont want to run race fuel, so anything under 20cc is out of the question.

1000 ft above sea level.

Doing a new rebuild after winter.

Thanks guys

In my opinion, if you are going to port the cylinders, you're going to want to weld the crank. And since you are splitting the cases to get at the crank, you might as well go with a 4mil. Being realistic, for a 4mil you'll need a cool head, tz and max load bearings, pancake bearing, different pipes, upgraded clutch, bigger carbs. It's an investment for sure, but you can recoup some of that $$$ by selling the parts you won't need anymore. All in all, after selling your old stuff you can probably do it for around $1400

No I am gonna bore and port.  I was just looking for a little extra.  Im a bit skittish about redoing the crank.  I've done plenty of top end work, no bottom end though.  And there are no shops around where I live that would put a new crank in.  I just want this thing to pack a punch because im starting to get used to it and want more.

Get a clymer manual for $30 and you'll have no problems. I did a full case swap last year. It's really very easy. 2 strokes are simple. You only need a few special tools like a flywheel puller and a 1/4" drive torque wrench. Pullers are like $10 and a torque wrench can be rented from autozone. It's a good learning experience, plus you'll have a lot more than just a little pep with a ported 4mil

Any port job should have a welded crank.  Would be such a waste to go through all that and have the crank spread.  And it isn't a question of "if it will happen", it is "when will it happen"".  The banshee lower ends are cake.  My 13 year old did his.

SP