Motor/swing arm out of alignment?

Ace03

Ok so I've been cleaning, and replacing pretty much anything I see wore out on my banshee. I notice once I put swing arm on after taking junk chain slider off and cleaning axle and carrier, my spockets are maybe a half inch out of alignment.

While looking at it from rear, the rear sprocket is to the left 1/2 inch. The wheeler is in perfect shape not tweaked at all. It has lone star +2 swing arm, dual row carrier and +4 axle.

Does any one have pics looking at the alignment of the sprockets on their quad? I'm wondering if it is this swing arm that wasn't aligned correctly? I searched but apparently no one has had problems with any aftermarket swing arms? This has me pretty bummed out.. I'll look closer at it tomorrow

They are suppossed to be straight inline. Could be frame as well as the arm. Take the arm off and do some measuring on it. And try another arm just mocked up to the frame with sprocket.

Also not all frames and swingarms have perfect inline sprockets. Its pretty normal to be up to 1/8" maybe 3/16" out of inline. but not a 1/2". Thats to much

I have seen it before on aftermarket swingers,if your axle is tight and all bushings/bearings are good then it's carrier placement.,I have put on 50+ swingers at this point but have seen it,I made people aware of it only one of them returned there shit I haven't got any call backs on it from the others and they beat the snot out of there stuff,something to look into.just to let you know your not the only one

Could it be the angle of the swinger/ect just making it appear to look bent?

the rear sprocket seems to point towards the front sprocket, but it still seems a bit off. it acts like an illusion the more i look at it, maybe it IS giving me a lazy eye. the one was twitching a bit after staring at it for an hour last night. I would have to guess its the placement of the carrier.. if u look at the chain guide its even to the left of that a 1/4 inch. i guess i could have a machine shop shave what they can off of swinger so the carrier sits right. 

Go get a straight line laser. Not a laser pointer. An actual contractor laser. All kinds of different ones at lowes or depot. Hell even the stud finders with a laser would be fine. Just get it set on something split and shoot the beam over the tips of the rear sprocket teeth. The beam should line right up to the tips of the motor sprocket teeth. That's how I used to do anything from dirtbikes to road bikes that had separate left and right side adjustments.

Are you sure it's out of alignment? Have you put a chain on it?

yeah ive rode it many miles since i bought it, i just noticed it when i bought some replacement parts, chain, 41 rear sprocket 16 front, chain slider and rollers. i tore it all apart cleaned the pivot bearings and greased them with marine grease they were perfect shape. since this wheeler was built it was rode very little maybe 20 hours it seems like at most.  when the chain is on you dont notice the difference but the front sprocket seems to point strait back and the rear points to the front sprockets but its still what looks like 1/2 inch to the left.

yeah ive rode it many miles since i bought it, i just noticed it when i bought some replacement parts, chain, 41 rear sprocket 16 front, chain slider and rollers. i tore it all apart cleaned the pivot bearings and greased them with marine grease they were perfect shape. since this wheeler was built it was rode very little maybe 20 hours it seems like at most. when the chain is on you dont notice the difference but the front sprocket seems to point strait back and the rear points to the front sprockets but its still what looks like 1/2 inch to the left.

are you for real? Then your just seeing shit. 1/2" would eat a sprocket up in no time. You would prob see shavings all over the place with that much.