site sponsors please help!

maskmanLS6

I have a set of stock cylinders that have some awesome port work but they were ported for a 4mill says the guy i bought them from. He's famous for being full of crap and before i spend money on a crank and pistons Ide like to confirm what the measurements are for a 4mill or how i can tell. I plan to have a stock head cut if its a 4mill and would like to know what it cost to get one cut for a pump gas engine. I plan to use a long rod crank if its a 4mill. thanks

I can get the measurements but i need a builder to tell me what measurements to be lookin for so ill know which way to go for crank and pistons and getting the head cut for a 4mil. Im gonna use mull for the head for sure and would like Jeff at fast or wildcard to advise me on measurements. I could find the info online but would rather hear it from a known builder.

you want to get the total height of the cylinder, should be 4.036/037. then you want to get from the top deck of the bore to the top of the exhaust port and tops of the transfer ports on the side.

That would be for duration only.If you want to know if it was specifically set up for a 4mill, the first thing to look at would be if the transfer/ex port floors to see if they are set near 56.25mm from the head gasket surface. The durations can vary a lot depending on who did it and what their goals were..Jim

That would be for duration only.If you want to know if it was specifically set up for a 4mill, the first thing to look at would be if the transfer/ex port floors to see if they are set near 56.25mm from the head gasket surface. The durations can vary a lot depending on who did it and what their goals were..Jim