Anyone tow a 5th wheel with a lifted truck?

01bansheefox

You can do an axle flip on the trailer and pick it up so you can get hooked up and pull it. Problem is the taller tires with taller sidewalks suck when pulling a trailer IMO. Mine feels spongy.

Maybe , my 5th wheel toyhauler came factory with the axles already under the springs. (but I tow with a lowered truck, hitch all the way up and pin box all the way down)

When I bought my trailer it had the axles flipped... First thing I did was put the axles back to stock height, but I tow with a stock dually. For ATV's is doesn't really matter, but it puts the back ramp door at such a ridiculous angle that a RZR XP would high center trying to get it into the trailer. Also, it puts the first step going into the trailer high enough that you might want to carry another stowable step with you if you have little ones.

Shit my truck is stock suspension, and they had to flip the axles on our old fifthwheel. Otherwise any minor off camber situation would have dented the back of the bed. Thats with just 235/85r16's. I couldnt imagine what the trailer would have looked like to clear 9" lift and 37's. take a picture!!!

TON!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be careful with a drop hitch. Depending on your tongue weight on the trailer and the length of the drop, the leverage when accelerating and braking, you could bend or snap the hitch. Im not sure as of today, but about 10 or 12 years ago i bent a 12" drop hitch, with a utility trailer filled with 2 tons of rock. They may be a little more stout now, but thats always in the back of my mind.

TON!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...