Anyone tow a 5th wheel with a lifted truck?

01bansheefox

• 3 weeks later...

Let me get this straight. your gonna lift your truck. then buy a different type of trailer to accomodate the lift? doesnt seem right. Im guessing you dont own a trailer and def dont know what you getting into with a lifted truck. you are aware it wont handle the weight any more with rear lifted springs and will need to be regeared and reprogramed. (if its diesel the new engine are designed to run at a certain rpm under load. aftertreatment issue could pop up).Talk to a real custom truck shop. not a retail outlet before going this route. take the lift,tire and wheel price and triple it if you want it right and tow worthy. im into my setup 6k parts only and i feel im 1/2 there. Dodge ram with thuren radius arms, king shocks,custom springs and airbags. all for 37 on 20". need to regear or underdrive, and upgrade to freespin front hubs for better bearing spread. tows fine though we run 75-85 in nv. the 20 wheel help side wall issues mentioned earlier

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Be careful with a drop hitch. Depending on your tongue weight on the trailer and the length of the drop, the leverage when accelerating and braking, you could bend or snap the hitch. Im not sure as of today, but about 10 or 12 years ago i bent a 12" drop hitch, with a utility trailer filled with 2 tons of rock. They may be a little more stout now, but thats always in the back of my mind. TON! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed, be careful with that big of a drop hitch. I used a hitch drop from one up off road, I want to say it was rated at 12000lbs. 

http://trucktoyzstore.com/realm/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=176&idcategory=0

12345_zps2fba16c8.png

• 3 weeks later...

Here is a pic of my ford with with my toy hauler. Truck has a 8" lift with 38" tire. The 5th has the  axles flipped . I have been pulling it this way for the last 3year with no problems. Its has been up to the Oregon dunes, Glamis dune and pismo all the time.

5th trailer.JPG

Here is a pic of my ford with with my toy hauler. Truck has a 8" lift with 38" tire. The 5th has the axles flipped . I have been pulling it this way for the last 3year with no problems. Its has been up to the Oregon dunes, Glamis dune and pismo all the time.

God damn!! What does one of those cost? Where do you park it? What do you do for a living? What does your house look like?

God damn!! What does one of those cost? Where do you park it? What do you do for a living? What does your house look like?

LOL I got that TH on a bank buy back when time were really bad 3 years ago.  It was in great shape looked like no one used it or use it very little. That was the only way i could afforded it.

I park it on farm down the street from my house for cheep. I am work as Mechanic for a living. You can see my house in the pic its the dark gray house behind the trailer LOL