Stock Cylinders or Serval cub kit

Well my banshee is bored .10 over and it's just not enough. I want more power for duning and trails. I am planing on totally redoing the shee.

First off I MUST STAY ON PREMIUM FULL not 110 or alky.

If I get the cub what am I going to have to do for clutch suspension carbs pipes. What would the price be compared to keeping the stock Cylinders.

Tell me about you're banshee builds and what works and what doesn't.

Does a 4 mil crank make a big difference or would I need to go bigger. Keep in mind I'm not made of money. I mostly ride dunes and trails.

4mil stroked crank is the largest you can fit in the cases without having them trenched.  your at your absolute limit with bores.....I hope you didn't get it bored out that far just to try and gain power.....4 strokes can do that.....for 2 strokes you never waste your bore.  at this point your too far gone on your cylinders to port them as it would be worthless.  and good luck trying to sell those cylinders, they're junk now that they're bored that far.

going with a 4mil stock cylinder........figure 450ish for a crank, 300-350ish for port work, gaskets 25, seals 35ish, pistons $200ish.....get the idea?

going to a cub is going to be 2k+ easily

I'm currently building a 4mil stock cyl, and this is roughly where I'm at, with my cylinders pre-ported.

4mm HotRods crank from HJR: $ 375

Wiseco 795 Pistons:                 $ 210

Full gasket/seal kit:                   $   60

Vforce4 Reeds:                         $ 220

35PWKs:                                   $ 380 (with intake mani)

Chariot Head:                            $ 170

Domes:                                      $   60

That puts me roughly around $1475 with shipping prices. I also decided I should upgrade my carbs and reeds, so that's a factor. I probably overpaid on some of the stuff, but I'm not a penny pincher.

I already have a modded shift star, shift shaft, pancake bearing, and Barnett clutch kit, so that's something you want to factor in as well.
Take it for what you want, but that's my build.

WaynokaBanshee ,  budget is the first thing we need to know...IF on a tight budget , stay stock stroke and have porting done to stock cyls...  It will wow you and  be fun to ride! Any of us site sponsors can help you with the build....IF you have the money you can take advantage of our Sale on 421 Serval kits...

If on a tight budget consider just a Woods port and milled head to get you started.....Lots of options available..

• Like 4

I'm currently building a 4mil stock cyl, and this is roughly where I'm at, with my cylinders pre-ported.

4mm HotRods crank from HJR: $ 375

Wiseco 795 Pistons: $ 210

Full gasket/seal kit: $ 60

Vforce4 Reeds: $ 220

35PWKs: $ 380 (with intake mani)

Chariot Head: $ 170

Domes: $ 60

That puts me roughly around $1475 with shipping prices. I also decided I should upgrade my carbs and reeds, so that's a factor. I probably overpaid on some of the stuff, but I'm not a penny pincher.

I already have a modded shift star, shift shaft, pancake bearing, and Barnett clutch kit, so that's something you want to factor in as well.

Take it for what you want, but that's my build.

That is probably is probably definitely not true HOTRODS crank at only $375. Get that in writing and be sure. Way underpriced to be a new crank. Let's not get in to detail, but there is a handful of builders who tried to push the Wang cranks as HOTRODS. Your builder has had at least 4 of these complaints that I've heard of off the top of my head

Jereme they Are bored .01 that's a mistake on my part. Would getting the 7mm and the trench be better. Plus I still want to stay on pump gas. I can shell out more money I'm just sayin what's the best bang for my buck. I will probably want to redo suspension and fuel system too.

The 7 can get you a lot more performance wise. However it will need a little more work to be done properly. JSR makes an unruley 7mm motor.