Motorcyclist Seeking Advice

cbrian

The company making the cradle kit is Fast from the Past (www.fastfromthepast.com) and it is only to mount a Yamaha RZ350 engine into the Aprilia RS250 chassis.

The builder I selected was F.A.S.T. (www.farmandsandtoys.com) .   I talked to several of them listed on this forum and I felt most comfortable with them and they had excellent communication. He echoed what was said previously, that staying with the 68mm bore and 4mm stroked crankshaft was the best to go with. The oversquare 72mm bore wasn't going to give me much more perceptible power and with vibration being such a concern, it wasn't worth it.  Thanks to all of you that posted constructive comments for me to read, you are a great resource.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

It's been quite a journey with this bike, but the end is in sight. Just a little jetting and I'm off to the races. Thank you all for your posts, I get quite a lot out of them.

This build can be seen on the Aprilia forum.

http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?303741-Gulf-Coast-Hybrid

It's been quite a journey with this bike, but the end is in sight. Just a little jetting and I'm off to the races. Thank you all for your posts, I get quite a lot out of them.

This build can be seen on the Aprilia forum.

http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?303741-Gulf-Coast-Hybrid

Wow, that thing is Friggin' cool!

Couple things you should look in to if you are gonna be winding that thing out longer then Dyno runs though. Check out the Pingel Dual outlet petcock and ditch that single nipple ASAP. And I would advise you look in to Billit bowls for the carbs. Plus there are a few nice ones with a baffle section that stabilizes the fuel around the Main jet. Ultra handy for running the twisty stuff wide open.

Oh, when adjusting Floats. The easiest way is get it to sit flat and eye level while it is standing like it would in the bike. (Like in your string) watch the Needle and Seat action. Bend the tab so that it pushes that little spring loaded needle closes before the floats smash the carb body. Look at the float tube in the bowl, make sure it's not bent.

• 8 months later...