My Passion 4mm 12 port stock cyl for ice racing.

trickedcarbine

It seems that many people are beginning to think very negatively of Jim from Passion Racing. Especially after his joint venture in the sniper exhaust. Let me just say one thing. Jim and Gary are two totally different people and have two totally different attitudes. Jim has some of the most flawless port work I have ever seen and the motor has done everything it was promised to do. And when it comes to his engine program, he is actually incredibly talented at what he does. I know that is contrary to what people wanna believe but after getting to finally run my new set up from Jim on the ice,I am a fucking believer.

Today I ran the bike on a true half mile oval track and the bike just kicked ass. I ran down all dirt bikes that were there and the other banshee as well. The 2 wheel machines included a built early 400 similar to what Doug Henry pioneered the AMA with, a newer Honda with 490 big Bore, and a 600 XR powered bike.

The Passion motor made plenty enough grunt to pull out of the turns with minimal clutching if any. It pulled the heavy 20 inch tires with 440 cutters in each tire on 15/39 sprockets and ran out of gear well before the end of the straight lap after lap. Never have I had a motor that let me get in and out of the throttle so easily. This thing just let's you goose it right out of the turns even if I missed a gear or got to wide in the wash. I just cant get over how all the bikes there would try to pull the inside line thinking it would hold the banshee back but the motor just let me take them on the outside and then walk away on the straights. As far as I'm concerned if you need a flat track motor done, Jim is hands down the guy for your engine set up. I Havnt had a drag motor done yet but I think I may give it a go with Jim on that as well.

To all the naysayers out there, either give him a motor to work over and see for yourself, or keep your uneducated opinions to yourself.

sweet..  rip up the track!!

have you ran it against any other ported or "built" motor..

running down and away from 4 poke fart canner's on a larger track should be a piece of cake on a banshee thats built right..   

Yeah cam, a dune ported HJR bike and an A&S bike. The HJR chassis was a little weak though but the A&S bike had pretty comparable set up and we ran on dirt roads. Seems like the A&S bike would have been ok had it been able to come on sooner. On a track like we ran today it might have been a bitch to fight it off, but the thing is not all our tracks are big half mile ovals. The last actual AMA event I raced was a thrown together little track that I couldn't get out of 4th on. So a bike that is built to kill on the big tracks would be Screwed. So after doing this for several seasons, I can honestly say this is the most impressive all around motor for my particular type of racing. People seem to forget that the good name Jim did have was built on setting up short track motors. Why send your wave runner to a lawn mower mechanic? Why send your truck to a carpenter to fix the motor? Jim has sent many motors out for Flat Track/TT racers and several of them have brought home the trophies. So it made sense for me to have him build my motor. I've been around BHQ since 04 and had my banshee a cew years prior to joining so I have seen and had a few set ups that i liked or didnt like. And so far with this particular combo I can not be happier. That said I can still squeeze a little out of her with 35's and shearers and I'm sure there could be some decent gains.

It is truly awesome when you team up with a builder and they provide exactly what them claim! Sounds like your super happy and that right there is what counts! I see you said that youll be going to shearers and 35's. what is your set up as of now? Good luck with the rest of your race season!

Customer satisfaction is the number 1 goal.

You being happy is all that matters in the end.

Regarding the other types of racing...here's my thoughts. 

If you are beating the other bikes and winning at your particular track...great..  You have exactly what you need.

Here's where that falls apart...in order to be called the fastest,  you have to race the fastest.

You've done that Tricked...at your venue.

Where most of the arguing and ignorance I've seen in this forum is straight line drag racing.

People that have never had a drag motor talking about pipes and performance, setup, etc.

That's like someone who watches ER Reruns tell their doctor how to do their job.

Tricked, you're happy and beating who you need to, all that matters in the end.

Good write up.

It is truly awesome when you team up with a builder and they provide exactly what them claim! Sounds like your super happy and that right there is what counts! I see you said that youll be going to shearers and 35's. what is your set up as of now? Good luck with the rest of your race season!

Current set up is 34mm pj's and Rockets