Need help on 421 4mill

astewart

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm going to say if its a serval.  its somethign else.  could even be crappy assembly and something is rubbing inside.  crank rubbing cases, trans maybe?   the 34's werent the best bottom end carbs.  who tuned it for you or what??  you just throw it all together and hope for the best?  maybe even possiblity of bad brakes or sticking rear, draggin rear bearings etc etc etc.    these kinda "repairs" are EXTREMELY hard to diagnose over the internet.  

on a side note  are you used to riding a 4 stroke?   even a serval probably isnt going to make any real power untill about 4500-6000 rpm  most 4 chokes are floating valves at that rpm ( yea  unless they are high rev 450's)   i have had to break lots of bad habbits on prev 4 stogee riders/ owners..  

i'm going to say if its a serval. its somethign else. could even be crappy assembly and something is rubbing inside. crank rubbing cases, trans maybe? the 34's werent the best bottom end carbs. who tuned it for you or what?? you just throw it all together and hope for the best? maybe even possiblity of bad brakes or sticking rear, draggin rear bearings etc etc etc. these kinda "repairs" are EXTREMELY hard to diagnose over the internet.

on a side note are you used to riding a 4 stroke? even a serval probably isnt going to make any real power untill about 4500-6000 rpm most 4 chokes are floating valves at that rpm ( yea unless they are high rev 450's) i have had to break lots of bad habbits on prev 4 stogee riders/ owners..

it's not the crank rubbing, it's starts very easy and doesn't make any unusual sounds. when it's in neutral it revs out great and sounds good, when you go to dump the clutch it slowly launches and around maybe 3-4000 rpms it hits very hard to where it feels like it as a shot if nitrous, it instantly comes to life. so I highly doubt that anything is rubbing. I know two strokes don't have much bottom end but this is ridiculous, it should shoot a roost when launched at WOT!