Jetting question

01Banshee350

Ok i just got a new banshee, it has tommey T5s,boost bottle, reeds, and it has been ported, the guy i bought it from said he had jetted it so i wanted to see what jets he had put in it, they were 340s. Im thinking this is way to big but wasnt sure? what size should i use? thanks

Run it wot for 5-10 seconds in 6th gear, pull the clutch in, shut it down, coast to a stop, pull the plugs. Black is rich, brown is perfect, tan or white is lean. Thats the best way.... Dial it in to YOUR shee.

ok so u found out the 340s were correct. I put them back in and the carb back together and started it up, it idles fine but when i give it gas it just sputters. I took the carbs back off and everything seems to be right. Its probably somethin really simple but i dont kow what. thanks

I didn't find out, You have to find out. Thats how you check to see if you havve the right size mains.

The sputtering could be from you not putting the choke tube back on between the carbs (1/4"x 2" long). Has it just started to sputter since you pulled the carbs or is it an on going problem??

Banchetta is right on as usual...does it still have the TORS? (big boxy things on top of the carbs) If so, make sure all the connections are tight and try again; if it still has problems try disconnecting the control box above the left cylinder. Also check the carb sync, and make sure the slides open fully. Good luck.

Quick question, figured I would just reply to this thread instead of making a new one.

Loading up at idle, and slight hesitation till 1/4 throttle give/take.

Pilots too big or mains too big?

Its the pilots. Mains ONLY control wot and nothing else.

it still has tors and everything seems right. All i did to change the jets was take the bowls off. Bith the slides are also perfectly in sync. I will try diconnecting the control box, what exactly does that do? thanks

It controls the stock computer also known as TORS (throttle over ride system)