Don't know what to try

oldskool

If your spark looks weak you should consider cleaning all ground connections and inside the flywheel as well as the tabs on the flywheel. Double check that compression, im guessing your near sealevel and should definitly have more compression than that. 300-340 range sounds about right..

you should be good to do a WOT run......MAKE SURE you have gutted your gas cap though.  When you start moding these things you should go ahead and flip the cap over and remove the screws and pull the guts (anti-spill roll over valve) out to ensure that there are no restrictions on the fuel system.

you should be good to do a WOT run......MAKE SURE you have gutted your gas cap though.  When you start moding these things you should go ahead and flip the cap over and remove the screws and pull the guts (anti-spill roll over valve) out to ensure that there are no restrictions on the fuel system.

I have a aftermarket tusk cap and I'm thinking there are no screws. I'll have to look when I get back home. What do you suggest if thats the case. I put the tusk cap on simply for appearance. If the tusk has better air flow than stock, I wouldn't know

Swapped the 19cc domes for 20's. Put in two new B8ES. Took timing back from +4 to +2. Set pick-up gap at .018. The bike ran much,much better. Still have the 34tm's on and still rich with 260 main,27.5 pilot and air/mix screw 1 turn out. I'll spend some more time on it later when its not so crappy outside.  I'm still thinking these 34's are maybe to much carb for what I need.

Thanks everyone

• 5 months later...

A little late maybe but... I just found out the same problems you have for myself , same re-build, same carbs, i tried a lot of the same things you did but nothing really solved the problems. finally i found some info about 34mm flatslide mikuni on this forum,

The stock needle jet in these carbs are too big. go for a p8 or p6 jet, you will have to rejet it but i'm pretty sure it will run great.

(Im from the netherlands , excuse me for my bad writing)