60 psi both cylinders? runs great and fresh top end.

ric-ross1

Alright guys so as tittle says i did a compression test for the hell of it and both had 60 psi, with throttle wide open and i tought is that possible that she starts 2 kick even when cold, idles, smokes just when cold and normal after, runs fine and gets on powerband no boggs nothing just really weird IMO.

Happy New Year guys.

^ yea thats what i tought so i went and did a compression test on my car and read 190 which is where my comp should be on that motor, so i dont get why it reads fine on the car motor but not the banshee, i will get a new tester and see.

Thanks sleeper06

No the plug is longer then the hose which will read lower( i know), it has a release valve that you press and releases the air but it just gets to 60 psi then i release the air and try again same thing.

No the plug is longer then the hose which will read lower( i know), it has a release valve that you press and releases the air but it just gets to 60 psi then i release the air and try again same thing.

Any volume that is not taken up by the adaptor wich a plug normally occupise will cause a lower reading. Even the long brass screw on adaptors for 14mm long will add 2-3 cc's to the combustion chamber volume. Look at noss machine's web site for their dome chart and see how much of a swing in PSI 3cc's gets you.  If you want an accurate gauge it has to have the scrader valve in the tip. If it is in the hose then you thread on an adaptor your adding volume to the combustion chamber.

As for it being correct on your car. It is probably going to be more accurate due to the larger displacement. The smaller the motor is the more easly it can be off.

Snap On hose with the valve in the tip

100_1389.jpg

100_1388.jpg

Generic hose

100_1396.jpg

Hollow Adaptor

100_1392.jpg

Hose and Adaptor

100_1399.jpg

100_1400.jpg

borrow a tester from oreillys and try again.

60psi it wouldnt even start from kicking it... 

yea thats what i tought but i didnt know for sure, usually how many psi does it take a banshee to kick start ??

Any volume that is not taken up by the adaptor wich a plug normally occupise will cause a lower reading. Even the long brass screw on adaptors for 14mm long will add 2-3 cc's to the combustion chamber volume. Look at noss machine's web site for their dome chart and see how much of a swing in PSI 3cc's gets you.  If you want an accurate gauge it has to have the scrader valve in the tip. If it is in the hose then you thread on an adaptor your adding volume to the combustion chamber.

As for it being correct on your car. It is probably going to be more accurate due to the larger displacement. The smaller the motor is the more easly it can be off.

Snap On hose with the valve in the tip

100_1389.jpg

100_1388.jpg

Generic hose

100_1396.jpg

Hollow Adaptor

100_1392.jpg

Hose and Adaptor

100_1399.jpg

100_1400.jpg

Thanks i prob get to do that this weekend.