K&n vs. uni filter

IMO If ya get the k&n make sure to use outer wears with them I have knock off k&n from herr jugs with the outer wear and never gets and in there I put a little grease on the inside of filter and there never sand stuck in it .. But seen guys run older k&n filter and ruin cyl in a weekend not using outer wears

Ive always ran k&n's but recently tried uni's and i like them. Dont seem to attract dirt like k&n's. Seem like they seal better too.

Funny thing, I've had exactly the opposite experience. It's all good though, me and my own riding buddies can't agree !

If you do run an Outerwear, only leave it on when you ride, not when your bike is being stored. the oil from the filter will ruin the elastic and it will also cling to the mesh and plug up faster when you do ride. also use recommended cleaner or it will ruin the elastic. I also grease the mounting surface of the filter, I think a lot of fine dirt creeps in from there.  no matter what brand- proper oiling and regular cleaning. I've been known to clean mine nightly during an extended weekend at the dunes

Im sure in sand the filter choice is not as critical. But for dusty conditions a well oiled foam filter is hands down superior! They are alot of people that might disagree with this statement.. But NOTHING will out perform a uni filter as far as protection goes! And as far as hp goes, i tried both filters on my old 4mil motor on the dyno and there was no difference in performance!

i have always been a fan of the k&n style filter.  it just seems like to me they would flow better than a uni style filter.  i have to tests/data/dyno numbers to show that, just a feeling.  but, because i suck with a tape measure, my last frame build required me to run uni filters because there isn't room for the k&n style pods i have.  it seems to run fine and i dont think i have anhy issues with them, but when i build my new frame, i will switch back for sure.

I have ran k&n half a season in fine dust sand with outwear and air box and sand blasted my ring and piston to death, filter clean each ride. I have switch to dual layer uni filter and ran the other half the season in same area and got zero sand in my carburtor and ring end gap are still the same as when assembly.

Uni filter if you are in thin dust sand! ;)

Sent from my HTC EVARE_UL using Tapatalk 2