485 cheetah vs 472 super cub

CFH87

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In another post you just advised a guy to buy a 485 for 500 ft drags...now your asking this? :flush:

Here is an idea.....KNOW something before you go passing on advice.

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="

"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

I've had both and prefer the 472 for my riding style.  It all depends on what you want to do with it.  The 485 with powervalves will be good for low-end and midrange stuff, the 472 runs good in the upper mid-range and top-end.  The 472 with some timing and compression runs good down low, and pulls hard up on top.  The 485 was smooth and predictable, but just not as much fun to ride as the 472.

-Jared

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="

"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Super phail

I bought BigRed350x's 485pv motor from him.  I have zero complaints with this setup.  The lowend/midrange power delivery is great (as stated).  I mostly trail ride my bike and find much less down shifting is required with this motor.  The power delivery is linear like a 4poke.  That's my $.02.  I'm pleased.  

lil differnt port work  and it would have screamed on top too....

the cub and cheetah have nearly identical base's as well as internal port number's..   both should interchange without much work  possibly some case matching and filling in if needed..

there  is that the answer your looking for?