New Banshee Owner

thekevin

I have had a few 2 strokes but this is my first Banshee.  It's a 98 and this is what I was told about it when I bought it.  4 mill stroked 80 over, Vforce reeds and reed cages, Toomey T5 exhaust, Hinson clutch.  I got it home and took all the stickers off and gave it a good cleaning.  It was lowered 3 inches and widened 4 when I got it.  Right now I have it back at stock height because of the trails I ride.  I have an appt this week to get the carbs torn down and cleaned and resync'd back on the bike.  Please be patient with me as I am sure I will have plenty of stupid questions.  Before this I owned 3 Raptors, 2x 660's and a 700, but wanted to give a Banshee a try.

Here it is when I brought it home.

IMG_20121207_132213.jpg

IMG_20121207_132221.jpg

And here it is after about an hours worth of cleaning and de-stickering and raised the rear back up to stock.

IMG_20121207_150424.jpg

IMG_20121207_150448.jpg

I don't know about easy. This thing sat for 3 months before I got it and the was a lot of wetness around the carbs so I figured having them completely went through couldn't hurt. Its also smoking quote a bit more out of one side.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Welcome to BansheeHQ

Nice looking bike.

As I'm sure you already know , Banshee's and Raptors are night & day different. I enjoy my 700r in the trails and Playing around with the wife & boys.

Then I have the Shee when I want to "run with the big dogs"  :banana:

Once again Welcome

Troy

Yeah, my raptor 700 had FMF exhaust and a power commander but this banshee would destroy it. I guess I am going to take a shot at the carbs, I am fairly mechanical but intimidated by the dual carb setup and getting them to sync.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2