Hinson spring loaded basket

Totally doable. One thing I just encountered was mounting a set of hinsons on to my PE/Magnum Billit basket, was that the bosses which hold the cushions and screws for the backing plate were about 10 thousandths to tall. So it took a little 220 grit on the granite block to get it milled down.

i wasn't aware that the gears where diff and i already ordered a pe basket. I am constantly breaking fibers and i already swapped out everything else out. Also wasn't aware u cud get jus the hinson basket.

Tricked are you saying the bosses on the PE basket are too tall? Also i tried to line my old gears up and the bolt holes are like an inch off

My gears were off the "Billit Proof" basket I got from STROKING. They were cushioned not sprung. I guess your situation is a bit different. You will have to get the actual spring basket from Hinson to run those. I have seen guys machine the same gear set you have to make them work, but that requires access to the right equipment.

As far as the Hinson gears on the PE/Magnum basket, the problem is the actual height of the bosses on the back side of the basket where you screw the backing plate on. They just need a bit of grinding to get through the hard annodizing and then put some 220 grit on a granite top or glass. Move the part in an figure 8 till the gear set will fit tight. Let me know if you need more details. If it were me I would just pony up for the basket that goes with your gear set.

yea my straights / hinson set up was bought back in 06 i think... so it has quite a few years on it... the basket is just starting to groove now....  ill be buying a new hinson with springs... i think they quoted me 350 total.. the springs alone are 89$

yeah my basket as been in a 10 super cub then my 4 cub and now my 10 serval she had miles on her. She was starting to groove i ignored it then i broke fibers. i tried to smooth it out but the broke fibers made a couple realy deep indentions, i think she toast now. i'm prolly just gonna throw the hole hinson setup with gears on ebay...