6th gear wide open

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a 2 strokes et and mph will never add up to nhra standards. be it resistance or lack of torque idk. kinda like a toyota supra traps 160mph but only runs a low 9....

im sure you have way more track time but i was never able to find a gear for my 120hp cub that would keep it loaded. it would labor over 100ft before the 1/4 with a 19/38 gearing and 21.5 tires.

we have obviously had 2 different experiences, but mine was lack of load allowing for overrev

The ET & mph pretty much match for the 1/8 mile, but the MPH for the 1/4 mile is about 6mph slow.

I've been drag racing for 30 years & the majority of priciples that work on other drag vehicles work for the quad. We are less than 100 hp so something must be working right.

The ET & mph pretty much match for the 1/8 mile, but the MPH for the 1/4 mile is about 6mph slow.

I've been drag racing for 30 years & the majority of priciples that work on other drag vehicles work for the quad. We are less than 100 hp so something must be working right.

again i am not anywhere near a asphalt racer. we have a local track and i played around on it a few times. for my engine setup i was never able to run near what et it should run. 7.5 1/8 on a 120hp bike is kind of embarrassing from what times i have seen others post. i could never get the setup right to cut anything faster than a 1.7 60ft. then again even if i had cut a 1.4-1.5 60 it would have just ran out of mph even faster just improved et.

again i am not anywhere near a asphalt racer. we have a local track and i played around on it a few times. for my engine setup i was never able to run near what et it should run. 7.5 1/8 on a 120hp bike is kind of embarrassing from what times i have seen others post. i could never get the setup right to cut anything faster than a 1.7 60ft. then again even if i had cut a 1.4-1.5 60 it would have just ran out of mph even faster just improved et.

Thanks for sharing the information, any 1/4 mile times?  I'm sure I could help out.

i would have to dig, but i think the best 1/4 it ran was a 11.60. i hear of 10 second 1/4's out of bikes with less power. i sold the bike and don't even have one atm. i just have such a boring life i still log in.

Nice bike. The last time slip I posted back in 2008 was a 10.23 @ 123 mph. We have been a lot faster since then (97hp). 

Only 5 races on 300' sand & it works well there also. 

I got my first banshee before I had a drivers license and lived 8 miles from town. During the summer I would  make the trip 2 or 3 times a week.  there was one part along the way that has a 5 mile section of straight road with some pretty good hills. Ran it the whole way WFO even down the hills. This went on for a couple of summers without as much as a top end. Not every trip was wide open but more than once I was running late and gave it no mercy lol. Now this was a bone stock machine even had the snorkel tube on with a 15 38 gearing.  I am not saying that running like that is just fine and you wont have problems in fact I would advise against it .  I am just sharing some real life experience. 

I got my first banshee before I had a drivers license and lived 8 miles from town. During the summer I would make the trip 2 or 3 times a week. there was one part along the way that has a 5 mile section of straight road with some pretty good hills. Ran it the whole way WFO even down the hills. This went on for a couple of summers without as much as a top end. Not every trip was wide open but more than once I was running late and gave it no mercy lol. Now this was a bone stock machine even had the snorkel tube on with a 15 38 gearing. I am not saying that running like that is just fine and you wont have problems in fact I would advise against it . I am just sharing some real life experience.

Real worl experience dont count here. You need credentials

Cattle, look.. First off, Ive never met you, but I like you. I think your a straight up old feller who is stuck in his ways and is a guy that most people would like to meet and have a beer with. Including me. But NOBODY CARES (atleast I sure the fuck dont and Im gonna bet that SB doesnt either) We dont care about your 3 wheelers, we dont care about you ancient sleds, we dont care about a 30 year old truck that you think is the greatest thing ever, we dont care about your homestead backwoods life style, we flat ass dont give a shit. This is 2012 (nearly 2013) and as I see it you are an older gentleman trying to impress younger people. "Ive got 100 trikes" as I recall from a thread "Ive got (x) DS's" Ive got an ancient sled that is meaningless to 99.9% of the motherfuckers that roll this earth..... You have to understand who you are dealing with. Now while I also agree with staying out of debt is a better way to go thats not how these motherfuckers roll. We dont have paid off houses, we want and do drive late model shit, we don't ride 3 wheelers, we have 150+hp 2 stroke and 4 stroke sleds noot some twin track manta or air cooled junk triples. WE FLAT OUT DONT FUCKING CARE ABOUT YOUR RELIC ASS SHIT.... Do I think NICE older shit is cool? Fuck yeah I do. Ive got some "old" things that are in mint shape and I will hang onto for as long as I can because I like them and Ive got alot of time in making them that way. REALITY is that your 1892 440 sled isnt gonna go a mile wide open either which is where this shit started. Are there SOME 2 stroke that will roll a mile WOT yep. Do I think anyone is willing to make a vid and do it on here? NOPE... SB wasnt challenging you or stating he has a problem with you. You MIGHT think you have a grasp on sleds. And you MIGHT have in 1970. BUT this is 2013 and the shit has changed, and not that you are clueless you arent up with the shit thats rolling around these days. Now that you have read my rant Ill tell you again, I like you, Id like to hang and drink a beer, but you gotta quite with this old man bragging shit your doing. Best regards GREEN

Cattledog, 

I see n2oslow4jew is picking on you and your comments. I'm here for you if you need someone to talk to. Just message me and we can talk. He's just being a bully today.