Street Legal In Colorado?

Holyman

I remember taking a road trip across 70 a couple years back and saw a street legal 450r at a gas station. This was middle of no where I 70 though. Thought it was Colorado. Doesn't help ya I know. Remember thinking it was pretty baddass then.

• Like 1

It just seemed to me that back when people thought a computer crash was going to send the world back into the dark ages, there were a couple guys that actually succeeded at making them legal. I thought 1 guy was from Colorado but it might have been Utah and Florida comes to mind. I know they can in Puerto Rico but then again I saw guys on YZ250's riding thru the middle of Fajardo and the cops didn't even turn around to look.

I distinctly remember someone saying that in their state they needed a horn, a side mirror, and a speedo. so they went to Wal-Mart and bought a bike squeeze horn, a clamp on handle bar mirror and a cheap speedometer and took it to the dmv and got plates.

There's gotta be a way. My only concern is the new generation doesn't know anything or do anything. They just wait for an app to do it for them. banghead

You cannot license an ATV for street use in Florida. I would be the first one in line if you could.

I hear that! I would be in line also!!! IMO its not gonna happen, However I don't know why since now they have those 3-wheel vehicles which to me could be more dangerous than motorcycles or 4-wheel ATV's.  ;)

• Like 1

There was a street legal one in south florida a while back. He had it registered in another state and when he moved to florida he just transferred the tag over.

That is about the only way to have it done. First register in a state that allow quads to get tags. He said he would get pulled over by the police alot but he had a tag and a valid registration so he was 54

• Like 1

The funny thing is that in the Chicago suburbs the cops ride quads and have little quad plates on 'em and write parking tickets. The down side is that they have diff rear ends and windshields and all the other crap a car has. I'd put that stuff on if I had to but I think I could work around that if there was somewhere that would just license pretty much as is. It's a dream, I know. :shrugani:

• Like 1

Ohio gives tags for all off road vehicles, they still aint street legal.

Since it is not a federal law, but usually local law, another state could impound the quad and you are fucked.

Yea I thought I read a thread a few years back saying something similar. This guy knew the DOT/Police, or something and officially got it registered somehow. However once he got pulled over it ended up being impounded or something since it was never "supposed to be" registered. It would be nice if we could make it happen somehow!!  :unsure:

Edited by Banshee0028

I thought of that too. Over the years I've seen a couple neat conversions and it may even be easier than finding a differential axle and putting a bunch of "car" stuff on a banshee. I even started buying some of the stuff. I was going to put a 1st Gen Viper rear tire and rim to keep the height/width ratio of the banshee tire. Due to the width of the tire it would need a jack shaft but it was gonna be cool.