Jetting a 14mill dm with 45 Lectrons allky billet bowls uses pump

Ctown208

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Figured it didn't have any but didn't want to be the new guy smart ass

LOL... If they have PE-1 and your are up 3k feet in elevation its going to be rich compared to the last setup. Do you understand how Lectrons work? There is a really good write up online that explains what and where the adjustments are. (very few of them) They are simple but you dont wanna get greedy on turning things. Have you ran it at all yet?

LOL... If they have PE-1 and your are up 3k feet in elevation its going to be rich compared to the last setup. Do you understand how Lectrons work? There is a really good write up online that explains what and where the adjustments are. (very few of them) They are simple but you dont wanna get greedy on turning things. Have you ran it at all yet?

Haven't rode it yet, I'm gonna say no on the Lectrons.. I figured it would be Ritch. I'm just trying to learn as much as possible before actually fukn with it..

Should have asked for links hu.

Between the two links this should be a easy enough.. Thanks guys for the links and the help..

Easy? Slow down there killer.. Im gonna bet your going to want to put near 2 turns on the rod and somewhere around the same on the PJs... Id worry about getting the bottom end fixed then really start to focus on the top. It might be worth a call to Packard and explain to him where your at and what your doing. More often than not he can get you a really good starting rod measurement.

Easy? Slow down there killer.. Im gonna bet your going to want to put near 2 turns on the rod and somewhere around the same on the PJs... Id worry about getting the bottom end fixed then really start to focus on the top. It might be worth a call to Packard and explain to him where your at and what your doing. More often than not he can get you a really good starting rod measurement.

Agreed on the call, I'm gonna have to learn this tho.. This bike is going to Dumont, glamis st Anthonys and sand mtn Nevada..

I think I understand the Lectron, it's the plugs that are gonna be the tricky part..

(I didn't read those links) I like to get the needles close before ever going down the track. You can fire it up and rev it up. If it won't clean out or doesn't sound crisp keep going a 1/4 turn out on the needles. It should rev clean and rpms should climb if you hold the throttle at about 1/2 to 1/2 open. I set them on the verge of lean hanging at the track sometimes. Once the needles are close, make some passes with the pjs wide open and then begin closing them a little at a time until it runs clean. Some people drill the barbs and pjs out to about 0.096". If that's the case, you may have to close the pjs quite a bit. When you get to where they're about 1 turn open or less, each 1/8th turn takes away a lot more fuel (a lot more sensitive than when they're 2 or 3 turns out). I've seen a small turn be the difference in burning a plug strap and running fat when they're drilled out and that far in.