banshee running off one cylinder

98_banshee

The other day I was letting my banshee idle and it was running fine and then the idle got really low and only the right cylinder was firing the left was blowing cool air out of the pipe. So I switched the plug wires and then the left cylinder started firing and the right was doing the same as the left before. I switched out my coil with an extra one I had and its doings the same. I tested the coil and it's getting spark. Brand new plugs in the bike. So today I took off the carbs and cleaned them. They were fine. It won't idle at all. Someone please help I'm getting really frustrated. Reeds are also fine. Only thing I could think of is a weak spark or something coming from the stator.

As you stated in this post, when you changed plug wires so did the problem. Check the resistance on wires and caps!! Clean caps and plugs and then check resistance on caps and coil wires. Get a Clymers manual or look up in the tech section of this forum for ohms of resistance.

As you stated in this post, when you changed plug wires so did the problem. Check the resistance on wires and caps!! Clean caps and plugs and then check resistance on caps and coil wires. Get a Clymers manual or look up in the tech section of this forum for ohms of resistance.

Listen to this guy. Exaclty what needs to be done here. I would even suggest pulling the plug caps and jambing the plug wires dirrectly onto the plug if it will stay put while starting. I had a 95' cr500 that had a plug cap go bad and trouble shot for hours. In a final attempt, I just figured what the hell.....I pulled the the plug cap off the wire a jambed the wire onto the top of the plug and she ripped on the 1st kick. Just sayin. If you don't hove an ohm meter, this would be an easy way to bypass.

Yeah, the carbs are also in sync. I made sure they are. And another question. They are mikuni carbs but insted of having a round top they are square at the top. Why is this?

I really don't think this is a carb issue. If you don't want to check the plug wires and caps to see if they are in spec, then check the rear tire pressure and see if that is the problem!!