how long will fuel keep

yea it will be sitting about 3-4 months . and i need to run high octane fuel becuase of set up . i think ill just donate it to the gf car

If it's leaded race gas, you won't want to put that in your GF's car. It can clog the converter. But more importantly it can very quickly coat the O2 sensor and leave her with a car that runs like shit. (Maybe save it for an ex-GF. LOL)

Race gas also doesn't like florescent lights. I've got a boatload of florescent lights in my shop and the UV from them will break down gas in clear and plastic containers.

It took me a while to figure out why I was having issues with fuel going bad, but if you store your fuel in a sealed metal container...it will last till next season.

Any jug where the fine mineral spirits can evaporate out will leave you with fuel with a lower potency. (fuel can outgas thru plastic jugs.)

Topping off tanks in a snowmobile cuts down on the space available for the fuel to outgas and loose it's potent vapors. But after 6 months in a tank (especially with a vented cap)....the fuel won't be all jelled up and neither will your carbs. But the fuel will be down on potency.

I drain all float bowls and tanks in the off season and store the fuel in spare metal 5 gallon VP cans.