Launching a 10mil Serval

SpeedRacer88

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO you need traction. You will be playing catch up if all you do is spin. How about find some rear tires that hook better, re gear so you can launch in 1st or 2nd and run like that? My bike is a play/trail bike that i drag race with on dirt/grass. It's geared/set up to hook. Took A LOT of testing. Like someone said, did the same thing over and over until i learned what it liked or didnt liked. Id recommend a n-down 1-5 over ride too. Regear it so you can used 1-5. You surely have the motor for it.

In the end, set up > power.

Edited by RagunCajun

• 3 weeks later...

If your launching on pavement and its breaking fibers Id look at pulling some base pressure of of the clutch stack. If its getting good hook its probably chattering the thing o back its killing itself. Talk to a few pavement racers. I remember Wheelman had this issue at one point as well as a few others. If you have a lockup Id look to ditch some of them high pressure springs

If your launching on pavement and its breaking fibers Id look at pulling some base pressure of of the clutch stack. If its getting good hook its probably chattering the thing o back its killing itself. Talk to a few pavement racers. I remember Wheelman had this issue at one point as well as a few others. If you have a lockup Id look to ditch some of them high pressure springs

i have a sling shot and stock springs. it doesnt really get good hook i have dirt tires. i just road race every now and then. i don't understand y they are breaking. the clutch basket is super smooth no grooves.

i have a sling shot and stock springs. it doesnt really get good hook i have dirt tires. i just road race every now and then. i don't understand y they are breaking. the clutch basket is super smooth no grooves.

Plain & simple your clutch set-up is not happy; it's clutch chatter & that has already been brought up. How do you fix it. Some times it take less base pressure/sometimes more. It could be in your dynamic weight application also. You may need to slow up or quicken your slingshot application. There are some other tricks that can be done depending on where it's occurring in the clutch pack. Wheelman had a neat little machining trick/tip. There's no set answer for your problem other than you need to make changes till it's happy.

Plus you filed your grooved basket till it was smooth again.

Sounds like a good fix....but if you didn't take the exact amount of material off all the basket fingers....then you could have just a few of them that are making contact with the fibers before the others do. This can shock sections of the fibers and even cause them to flex and bind. This can also cause them to break. 

You can't cut corners with the clutch.....unless you like pulling clutch covers often.

• 2 weeks later...