Trouble dialing in 35pwk a/s carbs

g-force

I just switched from a stock stroke dune port motor with stock carbs to a hjr 4mill with 35pwk a/s. Kevin recommended 158 main, 50 pilot, cel needle on middle clip. The main was close I'm at a 155 now, but the pilot and needle seemed rich, I,m down to a 42 pilot and the needle lowered to the last clip which helped alot but I think I may need a different needle, because still to rich, Which needle would be slightly leaner than the cel?

HJR 4 mill

shearer pipes

35 pwk a/s

chariot intake

kn pods

50:1

1000'elevation

im running a stock stroke dune ported motor from f.a.s.t im at 900ft. i have same carbs 35 pwk a/s

im running 158main 42 pilot and needle in middle clip. bikes a bit rich on the main but bike rips and revs out smooth. not sure on my needle jeff sent it with the jets if im not mistaken i think its a cel. why are you runnning 50-1? id run 32-1 or 40-1. make sure your carbs are synced well seems like your close on the jetting. do a plug chop.

Those Air Stryker carbs seem to have a much different (stronger) signal then the regular PWK. They typically jet out a few sizes smaller then the regular PWK will. So definitely don't be to worried if you find your self around a 148 after it is all said and done.

BKM, that sounds a little rich for strykers on a stock stroke. You sure that yours aren't regular PWK's?

I,ve always ran 50:1 with no issues. I put in a 152 main and will do a plug chop, I,m thinking maybe I was to rich on the main and the needle was ok? I had very little exhaust smoke with my stock carbs, and now it's smoking alot. So you think I could end up at a 148 main?

Thanks for your help.

Those Air Stryker carbs seem to have a much different (stronger) signal then the regular PWK. They typically jet out a few sizes smaller then the regular PWK will. So definitely don't be to worried if you find your self around a 148 after it is all said and done.

BKM, that sounds a little rich for strykers on a stock stroke. You sure that yours aren't regular PWK's?

yep im deff running a/s ...im deff rich but no way am i pig rich, 155 main i think would be almost dead nuts for me.

• 2 weeks later...

I am also having the same problem and I have the same mods and exact setup as g-force. The problem is when in gear in a lower rpm and speed and from basically no throttle to wot it bogs out. At higher rpm and speed its fine. I put the needle clip on the bottom and it seemed to help some what. I'll try to make a video on the go pro tomorrow so you can hear it guys