temperature

909ChrisCUB

It probably wont get hot but if it gets up to over 130 degrees in a couple passes than you may need to watch your temps. 160 degrees would probably be where I would let it sit and cool for a bit. It really depends on how its built , timing , squish , compression and stuff. Some motors will rattle plugs out from detonation if they are ran warm at all. Others never get hot and can run fine warm with no problems.

hot lap my 535 all the damn time it runs in the 150 -170 degree range.. yes on alky. all you guys "scared" of anything more than that are just wuuuuuusssss

I agree, just cause a motor is on alky does not mean it should run cooler. Most of them do because peeps run them pig fat and have alky pissing out the exhaust. IMO a well tuned alky motor should run somewhere between 150-170 after a 300ft pass. If your only getting 125 or lower out of it your not even building heat.

Yeah It was originally was set up for riding around the dunes on alky. What are your guys egts if your water is at 150-170

I really dont know the answer to this, one day I would love to find a egt setup for my bike though. I am sure someone else will chime in with an answer.

I agree, just cause a motor is on alky does not mean it should run cooler. Most of them do because peeps run them pig fat and have alky pissing out the exhaust. IMO a well tuned alky motor should run somewhere between 150-170 after a 300ft pass. If your only getting 125 or lower out of it your not even building heat.

Good info John.

I must be running extremely rich. :shootself:

• 2 weeks later...

egt temp's 950-1050. thats after a long full run. (300FT +) and the probes in tHe correct place. and everythign else working like it should. when i ran the egt i would tweak till after a few runs around on the strip i'd be in the 950ish range. then if needed usually if i bumped it to 1050 it would gain about a half bike length. on the dyno this was worth about 2-4hp.. but that was a long time ago..

pig rich dosent do anything but waste alky and make your motor crappy. ( unless your setup cannot handle any heat in the motor due to extreme tight tolerances) i also FEEL that a motor tuned corectly launches much stronger and will pull up into the pipes much stronger also. plus they seem much less likeley to bog or have undershift issues.

• Like 1