airbox question

AC-BANSHEE

• 4 weeks later...

Just stay out of water and mud and you'll be fine.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

x2. if you see water go slowly through it if you have to... as long as its its not too deep you will be fine/ try keep one side of the tires out ect. you will have to rejet and the pods clean up the bike very nice. makes tuning easier to access too

Sure. Will suck alot of dirt in as well....

I would be very careful running no airbox, it can get ugly quick

Um.......No.

It's a filter system. Not a Vagina.

It can get splashed with a little water and even get dirt on it and it will be fine. I rode "The Badlands" twice recently after a good 2"to 3" rainfall. The place was a soup bowl. I even ran the entire length of the river from the falls, thru the tubes and down to the far boundary. (Water was deep enough that my nerfs were under water.) Even with the bike paddle wheeling in the river, I was able to ride all day and my motor never died once from wet or dirty filters.

(And the motor didn't eat junk either, cause I put a small smear of white lithium grease on my intake boots to track if anything gets past the filters.)

Now I'll agree that if your making high speed passes thru puddles, you risk getting the filters wet......but by the time you finish the "Dude, did you see that" story....they will be dry enough to fire the bike back up and ride again.

[Mikuni flat slide 28's with pod filters and outerwear's.]